Vincent--opinions?

DH doesn’t like many of the names I throw out, but he came up with [name]Vincent[/name] on his own. It’s starting to grow on me, especially the [name]Vin[/name]/[name]Vinny[/name]/[name]Vince[/name] nickname possibilities. I think [name]Vinny[/name] could be really cute on a toddler…and then he’d be able to grow into the other nicknames. What do you think? My only qualm is that I think [name]Vincent[/name] is such a grown-up name to give a baby…

We have two middle names we like: [name]Harrison[/name] and [name]Michael[/name] (family names). We’re actually not expecting yet, but trying! Thanks for the input.

All the [name]Vincents[/name] I know are well over 50. That might not matter to you, though. The nn [name]Vince[/name] feels even older, but it could come back. [name]How[/name] about [name]Vin[/name] as a nn?

I really like it. I tried to get dh on board with it, but he didn’t go for it.

I like it. But, I love [name]Victor[/name] (and [name]Vic[/name]) more.

I like [name]Vin[/name] as a nickname too. I think it’s a good name, it’s just I’m a little unsure about the feeling of it right now–it’s old, like you said. Which doesn’t mean it’s bad, but makes me hesitant to use it.

I absolutely love [name]Vincent[/name]! It’s on my short list. I also love [name]Vince[/name] as a nn. I don’t think it’s too grown up, just sophisticated, which is better in the long run. If I were you, I’d go [name]Vincent[/name] [name]Michael[/name].

Where I live you could definitely get away with it. [name]Vincent[/name] has so much character, and I especially love the nn [name]Vin[/name]. [name]Vinnie[/name] is cute for a little boy. [name]Love[/name] [name]Vincent[/name] [name]Michael[/name] - sounds kind of like someone in “The Godfather”. I would stay away from [name]Vincent[/name] if I lived in an area where the boys are named [name]Ethan[/name], [name]Matthew[/name], [name]Daniel[/name], and [name]Jacob[/name]. But if they have names like [name]Sebastian[/name], [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Finn[/name], and [name]Jude[/name], then go for it.

I like it. And for the girls “old lady” names are coming back in - I don’t know about the boys though.
[name]Vinny[/name] is cute for a little boy.

I like [name]Vincent[/name]! My favorite nicknames would be [name]Vince[/name] and [name]Vinny[/name].

I like the name a lot, and I know a little boy with what I think is the [name]German[/name] version so its pronounced a little different, but still very cute on a little one. Not sure he uses a nickname at all . . . think I like [name]Vin[/name] best, but you might see what comes most naturally once your little one is here.

I like the name a lot, and I know a little boy with what I think is the [name]German[/name] version so its pronounced a little different, but still very cute on a little one. Not sure he uses a nickname at all . . . think I like [name]Vin[/name] best, but you might see what comes most naturally once your little one is here.

I think it’s a great name, and I would personally love to see it on a little boy. :slight_smile:

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Vincent[/name]! [name]Vincent[/name] [name]Michael[/name] sounds very handsome:) I also love the nn’s [name]Vince[/name] and [name]Vinny[/name].

Good [name]Luck[/name]!

I’ve always loved the name [name]Vincent[/name] because I’m a [name]Vincent[/name] [name]Price[/name] fan. I like the nickname [name]Vin[/name] or [name]Vinny[/name] too.

I [name]SAY[/name] [name]VICTOR[/name] KRUM! ahaha kidding… xD
[name]Victor[/name] [name]Harris[/name]?

[name]Vince[/name] [name]Vaughn[/name] and [name]Vince[/name], the lead character on HBO’s Entourage, have definitely made this name cool again. I agree that it’s got a lot of character and now it’s got a lot of style, too. I think you have a winner!

I happen to [name]LOVE[/name] this name and it was on our boy list this and last time around. As far as it being more of a grownup name, he’s going to be an adult a lot longer than he’ll be a kid. :slight_smile:

I agree that you have a lot of great nn possibilities. I like [name]Michael[/name] as well, but don’t like the nns [name]Mike[/name] or [name]Mikey[/name] esp.

I love [name]Vincent[/name]! Its on my list! I think its so handsome probably because of [name]Vincent[/name] [name]Perez[/name] :wink:

I like [name]Vincent[/name] and would go with [name]Vin[/name] or [name]Vince[/name] as nn instead of [name]Vinny[/name]. I just can’t get past the mafia-type associations with [name]Vinny[/name] although I don’t get the same vibe from [name]Vin[/name], [name]Vince[/name] or [name]Vincent[/name]. I agree with pp that [name]Vincent[/name]'s coolness is probably due to [name]Vince[/name] [name]Vaughn[/name] and [name]Vince[/name] in Entourage, so I think that notoreity helps the viability of [name]Vincent[/name].

I like [name]Vincent[/name] and would go with [name]Vin[/name] or [name]Vince[/name] as nn instead of [name]Vinny[/name]. I just can’t get past the mafia-type associations with [name]Vinny[/name] although I don’t get the same vibe from [name]Vin[/name], [name]Vince[/name] or [name]Vincent[/name]. I agree with pp that [name]Vincent[/name]'s coolness is probably due to [name]Vince[/name] [name]Vaughn[/name] and [name]Vince[/name] in Entourage, so I think that notoreity helps the viability of [name]Vincent[/name].