Vintage Girls Names Poll

See the results of this poll: Which Name?

Respondents: 165 (This poll is closed)

• Frances : 17 (10%)
  • Helena : 38 (23%)
  • Beatrix : 45 (27%)
  • Florence “Florrie” : 23 (14%)
  • Nell, Nellie : 18 (11%)
  • Agatha: 24 (15%)

I like most of those names, but I think an [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] would be really great to see, as I don’t know anyone yet by that name. [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] would be a great combo and that way you get to use [name_f]Frances[/name_f], but it’s not too obvious.

Ohh…[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f]…I love that! Thank you! I was thinking about the nickname [name_f]Aggie[/name_f] as well.

I love all those names! I voted for [name_f]Agatha[/name_f]. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the pp’s suggestion of [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f].

I voted [name_f]Helena[/name_f], liking the idea of [name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] :slight_smile:

I love [name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] as well! Thank you !!

[name_f]Frances[/name_f] is my favorite followed by [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f].

I might not use [name_f]Frances[/name_f] as a first name in that case, but it’d be an awesome middle name. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the idea of [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] or [name_f]Nellie[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f].

[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] is my favourite too - I don’t really like [name_f]Frances[/name_f] as a first name, I’d much rather use [name_f]Francine[/name_f] (I don’t mind the nn [name_u]Fran[/name_u])

I voted for [name_f]Agatha[/name_f]. I also think [name_f]Thora[/name_f] goes with your style.

I like both [name_f]Helena[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], provided that they’re pronounced heh-lay-nuh and bay-uh-trix : ) If not, my vote still goes to [name_f]Helena[/name_f], which is pretty regardless.

Ooooh I love [name_f]Agatha[/name_f]. Such a cool girl

I voted for [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], but also love [name_f]Helena[/name_f] and [name_f]Agatha[/name_f]. I second the suggestion of [name_f]Thora[/name_f]!

I think if you really love [name_f]Frances[/name_f], then [name_f]Florence[/name_f] is as close as you can get! I’m a guitar teacher, and I have a teenaged music student called [name_f]Flo[/name_f] and she is a great girl, really into old-timey blues. [name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] sounds beautiful and romantic. That said, I prefer the nn [name_f]Aggie[/name_f] to [name_f]Flo[/name_f]. I prefer [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f] over [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f], as well, since [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] has a lot of ‘a’ sounds.

[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f] is lovely as well, thank you!

Sorry, Chrisco…both aren’t pronounced how I pronounce them! I prefer hel-en-uh and bee-uh-trix :slight_smile:

My favorite is [name_f]Agatha[/name_f], and I like either [name_f]Frances[/name_f] or [name_f]Florence[/name_f] as the middle name.

Second choice would be [name_f]Florence[/name_f] (though I prefer [name_f]Florrie[/name_f] to [name_f]Flo[/name_f] for a nickname).

Good luck!

i know of a few bands named [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] and just think it would be a veeery cool name. I also love [name_f]Isadora[/name_f].

I do think [name_f]Aggie[/name_f] is beautiful, such a cute nickname for a classic like [name_f]Agatha[/name_f].

[name_u]Love[/name_u] all the names, especially [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], [name_f]Nell[/name_f] and [name_f]Agatha[/name_f]. [name_f]Frances[/name_f] makes a great middle name too. Names like [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] “[name_f]Hattie[/name_f]”, [name_f]Edith[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] “[name_u]Billie[/name_u]”, [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] or [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] might also fit your style.

In terms of middle names, [name_f]Frances[/name_f] is a great option. [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] and [name_f]Nell[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] are beyond cool. I also like [name_f]Nell[/name_f] with longer middle names: [name_f]Nell[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], [name_f]Nell[/name_f] [name_f]Hermione[/name_f], [name_f]Nell[/name_f] [name_f]Isadora[/name_f], [name_f]Nell[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], [name_f]Nell[/name_f] [name_f]Theodora[/name_f], [name_f]Nell[/name_f] [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] etc.

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f]!