Vintage Girls Names Poll

[name_f]Frances[/name_f] is the ONLY name me and my dh agree on for our future daughter!! I adore that name!!

I like both [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], but get completely different vibes from the two.
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] is spunky, extroverted, and a go-getter.
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] is shy, kind, and hopeful.

I also really like [name_f]Helena[/name_f], but that may be because I’m partial to [name_f]Helena[/name_f] Bonham [name_u]Carter[/name_u].
In my opinion, she carries the essence of true beauty.

[name_f]Nell[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] is one of my all time favorite combos!

From your list, [name_f]Nell[/name_f] is my favorite. I don’t know if you’d want to use a longer name for the birth certificate & have [name_f]Nell[/name_f] be her nn…? Options that aren’t [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]:

[name_f]Eleonora[/name_f]
[name_f]Leonora[/name_f]
[name_f]Elanor[/name_f] ([name_u]Sam[/name_u]'s daughter from The [name_m]Lord[/name_m] of the Rings)

If you really like [name_f]Frances[/name_f] but don’t want to be obvious that [name_f]Frances[/name_f] Cobain is an influence, what about [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]? [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]?

Other old-fashioned & creative-ish names:

[name_f]Theodora[/name_f]
[name_f]Theodosia[/name_f]
[name_f]Isadora[/name_f] (nn [name_u]Isa[/name_u])
[name_f]Maddalena[/name_f]
[name_f]Camellia[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Madlen[/name_f] (a cross between [name_f]Maude[/name_f] & [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]/[name_f]Madalyn[/name_f]/etc.)
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] (although I prefer the spelling [name_f]Luisa[/name_f])

Good luck! :slight_smile:

My top 3

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f]