vintage girls names

I am very excited to be welcoming my first baby girl! I’m having a problem with names, however.

I’ve fallen in love with some of the names that are popular around the area where I currently live. Some–[name]Noor[/name], [name]Yasmin[/name]–I feel awkward using because I am not Arabic or Muslim. Others–Laëticia–wouldn’t work well outside of my area. Since chances are that I will be moving again, I don’t want to use it.

I really like names like [name]Ottilie[/name] and [name]Leonie[/name], and both are on my short list. [name]Do[/name] you have any other suggestions? I’m looking for more vintage names.

Thanks!

A lot of the names on my list are pretty vintage. Here are some I like:

[name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Viola[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Henrietta[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name]
[name]Florence[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Coraline[/name]
Pomeline (don’t know if its vintage or not but its pretty!)
[name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Philippa[/name]
[name]Greta[/name]
[name]Mauve[/name]
[name]Maude[/name]
[name]Lorraine[/name]
[name]Lucille[/name]
[name]Ramona[/name]
[name]Araminta[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] this helps :slight_smile:

Well, if you don’t mind popular, [name]Layla[/name] is an Arabic name that’s completely made it mainstream. I think it’s gorgeous. [name]Naomi[/name] is Hebrew but simultaneously both familiar and feeling exotic, plus it feels a little vintage and ends with that bouncy -ee like [name]Ottilie[/name] and [name]Leonie[/name]. [name]Noemie[/name] the French version is pretty. I like [name]Ottilie[/name] and [name]Leonie[/name] btw! I think [name]Leonie[/name] is more wearable. Also like in this family [name]Elodie[/name], [name]Sylvie[/name], [name]Sidonie[/name]. Good luck!

I’m not sure if any of these are what you are looking for but here are some vintage type names:

[name]Blythe[/name]
Geneveive
[name]Maude[/name]
[name]Marilla[/name]
[name]Opal[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Anais[/name]
Best of luck!!

Best of luck I am sure from what you