Vintage Girls' Names

See the results of this poll: Which Vintage Girls’ Name is Best?

Respondents: 102 (This poll is closed)

• Mabel nn Mae : 26 (25%)
  • Josephine nn Josie : 27 (26%)
  • Adelaide nn Addie : 27 (26%)
  • Beatrice nn Bea: 22 (22%)

So happy to see all the love for [name]Mabel[/name]! She’s one of my fusty favorites.

I love [name]Mabel[/name] too! I wish it got more attention in the “real” (aka non-NB) world!

I picked [name]Beatrice[/name], but I’m also very fond of the name [name]Josephine[/name]!

[name]Love[/name] the names and nicknames! [name]Adelaide[/name] is my favorite.

Awww… I almost drool over [name]Beatrice[/name]!!

~[name]Jasmine[/name]

[name]Mabel[/name] is nice, but it is one of the old vintage names that I don’t like as much. It is still nice though and a good change from a lot of other names now. It may start to get more attention because [name]Bruce[/name] [name]Willis[/name] used it recently. My favorite from your list is [name]Beatrice[/name]. I also love [name]Beatrix[/name] and [name]Adelaide[/name] is really cute.

My favorite is [name]Adelaide[/name], but I’m not a fan of [name]Addie[/name]. I just know too many little girls with that nn. I do like the nn [name]Della[/name] though.

I have been loving [name]Adelaide[/name] A LOT lately. I also love [name]Josephine[/name]. I prefer [name]Beatrix[/name] to [name]Beatrice[/name], but it’s still lovely. [name]Mabel[/name] is so cute, I do like it, but for me, it seems to have a slightly different feel than the rest.

I love [name]Mabel[/name] and [name]Adelaide[/name]! I really want to love [name]Beatrice[/name] but there’s just something about it that throws me off, IDK what. Still a lovely name though. The only one I don’t like is [name]Josephine[/name].

I love [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Bea[/name] is one of the few nicknames I like. But I adore [name]Adelaide[/name] so I couldn’t not vote for it! I don’t like the nickname [name]Addie[/name] though.

As a side note- [name]Adelaide[/name], [name]Beatrice[/name], [name]Mabel[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name] would make a stunning sibset!

I love the name [name]Mabel[/name]! It’s been one of my favorites for a long time.

I don’t love any of them but out of the four I like [name]Adelaide[/name] the most. [name]Mabel[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name] just sound ugly to me, I just can’t get with the “old lady” names sorry. I can stand [name]Beatrice[/name] more than [name]Mabel[/name]. [name]Josephine[/name]'s okay.

Toss up between [name]Adelaide[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name], love both names but I dislike the nn [name]Addie[/name].

I voted for [name]Josephine[/name], but I like it and [name]Adelaide[/name] kind of the same.

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Mabel[/name] and [name]Mae[/name] is cute.
My second favourite would be [name]Adelaide[/name], with the nickname [name]Della[/name] though :slight_smile:

I love [name]Adelaide[/name]!

[name]Just[/name] couldn’t use it myself as my husband and I used to live there, so it would be a bit cliched :frowning:

[name]Josephine[/name]! It’s so beautiful. I also love [name]Beatrice[/name] (although I prefer the [name]Beatrix[/name] spelling).

I adore [name]Josephine[/name] for the nickname [name]Josie[/name], which is, almost irresistible! But for sincerity, my favorite is [name]Mabel[/name] nn [name]Mae[/name].

I voted for [name]Adelaide[/name]. I think the name is gorgeous, I liked [name]Addie[/name] well enough but I also see the potential for “Lady” as a nn which I love. I actually call my girls “My ladies” and my [name]Ava[/name] just loves that.