Vintage?

Hello(:
My husband and I are just looking for opinions on the name Vintage for a girl. We absolutely love the name but some of our family members are giving us a weird look. We also have a 2 year old named [name]Harlow[/name] and we like how the names sound together, [name]Harlow[/name] & Vintage. What do you think?(:

Wow I like it but at the same time I don’t like it. It’s such a cute name but at the same time I guess unless I see a lil girl with the name I can’t SEE a little girl with the name.(If any of that made sense)

Oh, I definitely don’t like it. Why not use a vintage name instead of actually Vintage as a name. What if she’s an ultra modern kind of girl and hates vintage stuff? I don’t know, it’s just too much of a word, especially with vintage stuff being so trendy. I would think it was very odd if I met a girl named Vintage. There are countless vintage names lists on nameberry… I think something like [name]Virginia[/name] would be good alternative. A lot of the same sounds, and a vintage vibe, without being so in your face about it.

Sorry, I kind of agree with LyndseyJenness.

I try not to veto all word names. but with a name that could describe a personality or style, I kind of feel off about it.
Still if you love it, [name]Harlow[/name] and Vintage do sound cute together!

Yeah, Vintage is taking things a little too far, [name]IMO[/name]. I think I said this about another name, but it’s rather like naming your child [name]Fancy[/name]. I would choose a name that screams vintage rather than actually SCREAMING it, if you know what I mean.

I have to agree with above posters, I can’t advise anyone to name their child Vintage. In acting and writing (and most other creative forms) there’s a tried and true expression - Show. [name]Don[/name]'t tell. In other words, be subtle. Naming your kid Vintage is not subtle. Word names can be very cute and a great way to express style in naming, but certain words, I think, should be avoided. Vintage is just too obvious. And aside from being a word, it’s also an adjective. Word names tend to work best when they are nouns. [name]Virtue[/name] names, nature names, gem names- for the most part are nouns, but when you veer into adjective land it gets iffy. [name]Do[/name] you want to describe your child as vintage (which, though it has many meanings, to most people just means “old”)? I feel like that’s imparting a lot on a child. The same argument can be made about virtue names but those tend to be more accepted since they have a deeper history. Okay, so are you interested in other word-type names? [name]How[/name] about more vintage word names? Or less common ones along the lines of Vintage? Here are a few I could think of:

[name]Sonnet[/name]
[name]Patience[/name]
[name]Prudence[/name]
[name]Verity[/name]
[name]True[/name]/[name]Truth[/name]
[name]Story[/name]
[name]Mercy[/name]
[name]Charity[/name]
[name]Echo[/name]
[name]Fable[/name] (I love this name, if you’re interested in it you should check out a blog called Girls Gone Child, she has daughter named [name]Fable[/name] who is super adorable)
[name]Poet[/name]
[name]Sunday[/name]
[name]Tuesday[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]January[/name]
[name]Plum[/name]
Sea
[name]Emerald[/name]
[name]Lotus[/name]
[name]Blossom[/name]
[name]Evening[/name]
[name]Saffron[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

I am sorry but when I hear the word Vintage I think old and that wouldn’t be something that I would want associated with my little girl.

Or, if you are trying to capture a vintage Old Hollywood vibe with [name]Harlow[/name], what about

[name]Ava[/name]
[name]Brigitte[/name]
[name]GiGi[/name]
[name]Ginger[/name]
[name]Greer[/name]
[name]Greta[/name]
[name]Jayne[/name]
[name]Lana[/name]
[name]Loren[/name]
[name]Marilyn[/name]
[name]Rita[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Vivien[/name]

I am sorry this names screams “I am trying so hard to be creative but I am not”.

Sorry, not a fan. love the suggestions of [name]Vivian[/name],[name]Violet[/name], [name]Verity[/name], and [name]Virginia[/name]. These are similar and have a vintage vibe to them. [name]Winnifred[/name] nn [name]Winnie[/name] also has the same feel as Vintage. One more suggestion is [name]Valentina[/name]. good luck (: