Violet and Dahlia

Hmmmm. What do u think

I do think it’s cheesy and no more subtle than [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] or [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Daisy[/name]. I admit, however, that I may be more sensitive to the “cheesy theme” factor than average; if I used a botanical name for one child, I wouldn’t consider using another, not even as a mn. A lot of people don’t seem to be bothered by it, though.

I can’t hear [name]Dahlia[/name] without thinking of the [name]Black[/name] [name]Dahlia[/name], so I’ve never cared for the name. I don’t know that she’d be teased for it, per se, but it is a really yucky thing to find on that inevitable day when, as a young girl, she first googles her name.

I love these names together! It would be more subtle because dahlias aren’t as well known to the general public as roses or daisies. The only drawback that I see is if you have a third daughter, you kind of have to go with the same theme.

I’m an avid gardener and I don’t think [name]Black[/name] [name]Dahlia[/name] when I hear the name unless someone mentions it. It’s not like a lot of kids are really going to know about the story. Along the same line of thinking, should we stop naming children [name]Charles[/name], [name]Jack[/name], [name]Ted[/name] or [name]John[/name] just because of what kids may find out later on about one person with that name?

[name]Dahlia[/name] is pretty but I wouldn’t use it as a sibling name for [name]Violet[/name]'s sister. There is such a thing as “flower overkill”. It wouldn’t be so noticeable if [name]Dahlia[/name] was used a middle name option.

I would use it if you love it. I definitely don’t think of the [name]Black[/name] [name]Dahlia[/name] when I hear [name]Dahlia[/name], and how many kids have actually heard of the Balck [name]Dahlia[/name]? I wouldn’t worry about teasing. Yes, they’re both flower names, but I also think that when people hear [name]Dahlia[/name] they don’t have as big of an association with flowers as [name]Violet[/name], [name]Rose[/name], [name]Daisy[/name] etc, as the previous poster jadesai mentioned. I’m a keen gardner too, and it’s only this coupled with being a namenerd that gives me the flower association.

Excellent. Thanks girls! [name]Love[/name] this name
No nn or nn dee and lia. We’ll see. [name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] and dahlia [name]Jane[/name] are cute. [name]Just[/name] hope she wouldn’t get call dj. [name]Glad[/name] it works in my
[name]Sib[/name] set and that the black dahlia thing doesn’t ruin this
Pretty name. Yay!

[name]Violet[/name] and [name]Dahlia[/name] are stunning together! Like previous posters have said, it’s not so obvious that they’re both flower names like [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Lily[/name] or [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] would be, although if you ever have a third daughter (or more!), you might be pressured to keep up the subtle flower theme.

I like them and don’t care that they’re both flowers. They’re independent girls and they won’t always be presented as a set. Also, maybe I give myself away as a total ignoramus, but what on earth is the black dahlia? Doesn’t bother me in the slightest. [name]Dahlia[/name] is beautiful and underused. I’d go for it.

I was thinking of using the same combo but my husband vetoed [name]Dahlia[/name]. Go for it!