Violet and Eloise are getting a little brother!

Hey there! I need help… we currently have twin girls, [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], and we’re excited to welcome our baby BOY in [name_u]January[/name_u]!

My husband and I are struggling to find a boy name that we both love, so here’s a list of names that we both “don’t hate” so far :joy::

Wesley (nn [name_m]Wes[/name_m])
[name_u]Finn[/name_u] (too trendy?)
[name_u]Griffin[/name_u] (nn [name_u]Finn[/name_u])
[name_u]Finley[/name_u] (nn [name_u]Finn[/name_u] - this seems to be more of a girl name these days?)
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] (too popular?)
[name_m]Graham[/name_m] (questionable pronunciation)

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Congratulations!! Your daughters’ names are both stunning by the way.
I love [name_u]Finley[/name_u], [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] and [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] from your list. I personally don’t see [name_u]Finley[/name_u] as a girl’s name, it’s pretty set as masculine for me but perhaps the [name_u]Finlay[/name_u] spelling is more boyish for you?

Other [name_u]Finn[/name_u] names if you like that nickname:
[name_m]Finnian[/name_m]
[name_m]Finneas[/name_m]
[name_m]Finnegan[/name_m]
[name_u]Finch[/name_u]

other name suggestions:
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_u]Beckett[/name_u]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_u]Maxwell[/name_u]
[name_u]Declan[/name_u]
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_u]Nolan[/name_u]
[name_m]Ronan[/name_m]
[name_u]Griffin[/name_u] (also has the [name_u]Finn[/name_u] nn and similar sound to [name_m]Graham[/name_m]) x
hope this helps, lmk what you think :))

All of your “don’t hate” names are wonderful, in my opinion! I don’t find [name_u]Finn[/name_u] to trendy, nor do I think [name_u]Finley[/name_u] is too feminine. I think all of your options would work with your girls’ names, but I especially like [name_u]Finley[/name_u], [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], and [name_m]Graham[/name_m] with [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f].

Some other ideas:
[name_u]Darcy[/name_u]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_u]Theo[/name_u]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_m]William[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_m]Winston[/name_m]
[name_u]Noah[/name_u]
[name_m]Harrison[/name_m]
[name_m]Grant[/name_m]
[name_m]Calvin[/name_m]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]
[name_m]Gavin[/name_m]
[name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_u]Brooks[/name_u]
[name_m]Archie[/name_m] / [name_u]Archer[/name_u]

I also want to second [name_u]Flynn[/name_u], [name_m]Oscar[/name_m], [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_u]Beckett[/name_u], and [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] from the previous poster. I hope these suggestions help- let me know what you think!

1 Like

I love [name_m]Weston[/name_m] for you!! Of your choices I like [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] the best with your sibset!

2 Likes

I absolutely adore [name_u]Finn[/name_u]. Gets my vote for sure!

1 Like

Thank you so much @MargotAbeline! I love your suggestions, and actually had several of these on my initial list (hubby had issues with some). [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_m]Ronan[/name_m] are great, but our last name starts with an R so they might sound too rhymy.
We are considering the name [name_u]Griffin[/name_u] as well, but will people associate it with Family [name_m]Guy[/name_m]? [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m]? Maybe I’m over-thinking things!

1 Like

Thanks for the encouragement everyone!! And I’m definitely adding some of your suggestions to our list :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You’re very welcome :)) I understand the issue with [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_m]Ronan[/name_m] being too matchy with your lastname. Oops I completely missed that you’d already put [name_u]Griffin[/name_u] on your list, sorry :joy: When it comes to [name_u]Griffin[/name_u], I honestly don’t think people would automatically associate it with Family [name_m]Guy[/name_m] or [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] as it’s a fairly familiar name. Especially if your son goes by the nn [name_u]Finn[/name_u]. I wouldn’t overthink associations too much unless they’re extremely negative (which those ones aren’t in my opinion).

I love [name_u]Griffin[/name_u] [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] and [name_u]Griffin[/name_u] [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] as combos.

2 Likes

Out of your list I love [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] ([name_m]Wes[/name_m]) and [name_m]Graham[/name_m]!
Some other suggestions:
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_u]Hunter[/name_u]
[name_u]Hudson[/name_u]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] ([name_u]Theo[/name_u])
[name_u]Wallace[/name_u] ([name_u]Wally[/name_u])
[name_u]Duke[/name_u]
[name_m]Drake[/name_m]
[name_u]Holden[/name_u]
[name_u]Roscoe[/name_u]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m]
[name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_m]Russell[/name_m]
[name_u]Kelly[/name_u] (nn Kel)
[name_u]Sterling[/name_u]
[name_u]Nolan[/name_u]
[name_m]Boone[/name_m]

1 Like

Oliver is my favorite from your list! It’s perfect with your girls’ names. [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], and [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Violet and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] are beautiful! I bet they are excited to be big sisters !

I personally really like [name_u]Griffin[/name_u] with his sisters names.

Other suggestions (sorry for repeats)

Niall
[name_u]Forest[/name_u]
[name_u]Dane[/name_u]
[name_m]Nash[/name_m]
[name_m]Garret[/name_m]
[name_u]Hudson[/name_u]
[name_u]Archer[/name_u]

1 Like

Hi there.

Violet & [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] are amazing! Great job there.

Here are my thoughts on your ‘don’t hate’ list. :grin:

Wesley-This is really handsome. Simple, classic, smart, a little sporty, not too over done. Perfect [name_f]Violet[/name_f] & [name_f]Eloise[/name_f].

Finn-Nah, I don’t think it’s trendy. I love just [name_u]Finn[/name_u]. Sounds like such a fun rugged quick witted guy.

Griffin-I’d prefer just [name_u]Finn[/name_u]. [name_u]Griffin[/name_u] nn [name_u]Finn[/name_u] always seemed weird to me. [name_m]Finnian[/name_m] or [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] nn [name_u]Finn[/name_u] makes more sense if you prefer [name_u]Finn[/name_u] as a nn. I don’t care for [name_u]Griffin[/name_u]. It sounds kind of harsh.

Finley-Ugh, this is so being used for girls. Total bummer…I find it adorable for a boy. You’re safer w/other ‘[name_u]Finn[/name_u]’ names.

Oliver-It’s very popular, but a super sweet charming classic that goes really well w/your girls’ names.

Graham-Meh, this is okay. I think that the pronunciation is fairly straight forward. It’s just sort of a bland name in my opinion. Not bad though.

Here are a few suggestions. Sorry for any repeats!

Alden

Aubin

Asa

Adrian

August/Augie/Gus

Bastian/Bash

Charlie

Conall

Clark

Desmond/Dex

Frederic/Fred/Freddie

Fergus/Gus

Gabriel/Gabe

Gordon/Gordy

Henry-super popular, but so cute w/Violet & [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] anyway.

Holden

Julian/Jude

Jude

Jonah

Luke or [name_m]Luc[/name_m]

Milo

Nolan

Owen

Oscar

Otis

Peter

Philip/Pip/Flip

Quinn

Rafe

Rafferty/Rafe

Rowan

Ronan

Simon

Sebastian

Tristan

Theodore

Winston

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The first two have L leading the second syllable.
Which makes your following picks juuust perfect:

• Wesley - LOVE

• Oliver - LOVE

• Finley - I agree… This is now a weirdly trendy girls name, I think moreso in the US Midwest than the East/West coasts. Don’t love it so much for a boy, either, tbh.

Other potentials:

• Elliot
  • Alaric
  • Alec
  • Alex
  • Sullivan

My vote :ballot_box: is huuuugely for Wesley and Oliver.

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourites of your options are [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] and [name_u]Finley[/name_u]. In terms of your concerns about [name_u]Finley[/name_u] being used for girls and [name_u]Finn[/name_u] being too trendy, how would you feel about [name_u]Flynn[/name_u]? I think [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] is perfect with sisters [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]! [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] and [name_m]Phineas[/name_m] would be brilliant too.

Other ideas:

[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_u]Milo[/name_u]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u]
[name_m]Xander[/name_m]
[name_u]Darcy[/name_u]
[name_u]Rex[/name_u]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]
[name_u]Kai[/name_u]
[name_m]Otto[/name_m]
[name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]
[name_u]Jem[/name_u]
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]
[name_m]Otis[/name_m]
[name_u]Kit[/name_u]
[name_m]Xavier[/name_m]
[name_m]Bastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Atticus[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m]
[name_u]Atlas[/name_u]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Leopold[/name_m]
[name_u]Remy[/name_u]
[name_u]Miles[/name_u]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilbur[/name_m]
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_u]Archer[/name_u]
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m]
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u]
[name_m]Monty[/name_m]
[name_m]Cyrus[/name_m]
[name_m]Soren[/name_m]
[name_u]Valentine[/name_u]
[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]
[name_m]Lucas[/name_m]
[name_u]Gabriel[/name_u]
Rufus
Asher

1 Like

My first thought was [name_m]Tobias[/name_m]! From your list I love [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] and [name_u]Finn[/name_u].

Other ideas:
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
[name_m]Phineas[/name_m] (nn [name_u]Finn[/name_u]!)
[name_m]Jonas[/name_m]
[name_u]Dorian[/name_u]
[name_u]Hunter[/name_u]

1 Like

Congratulations :blush:
So many great suggestions, you are spoilt for choice already. From your list, I love [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] :heart:

Reading the title, my mind went to [name_u]Ashby[/name_u]. [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] & [name_u]Ashby[/name_u].

Whatever you choose, I’m sure it will be lovely.

1 Like

I LOVE [name_m]Wesley[/name_m]!!! If I had another boy, I’d choose that. It also goes perfectly with your girls.

I do think [name_u]Finn[/name_u]- names are super trendy at least in Midwest US area right now. I can think of like 5 variations in our mid-size daycare… and one is a girl, [name_u]Finley[/name_u].

Griffin is a nice alternative with same sound/feel as [name_u]Finn[/name_u] and less trendy.

I don’t love [name_m]Graham[/name_m] for same reason you stated but do love the similar [name_m]Grant[/name_m].

Good luck!

1 Like

Thank you! Super helpful!! :slight_smile:

It’s not my usual taste but [name_u]Griffin[/name_u] nn [name_u]Finn[/name_u] is genius! I think it goes well with your girls names too.

That said, [name_u]Finley[/name_u] is a wonderful name and no more popular than [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] I don’t think?

I also love [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] but I’m not sure how wearable it is for a little boy. Also a little close to Weasley? Or even [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] for that matter? They kind of tumble together when saying them aloud.

I don’t like [name_m]Graham[/name_m] at all but I do like [name_m]Grant[/name_m].

You have some great choices!

1 Like

Violet and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] are perfect together! I like that they both have strong L sounds, so I’m voting for [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]. I also think it’s the best match stylistically.

1 Like