Violet Helena

So hubby has just informed me that his new favorite name for a girl is [name]Violet[/name]. I’m not really sure how I feel about it but I do like [name]Vi[/name] as a nickname. I’ve also been really crushing on [name]Helena[/name]. What do you think of them together?

I absolutely adore [name]Violet[/name]! It’s in my top 4–I just can’t get enough of it. :slight_smile: When I had considered changing my [name]Violet[/name] combo from [name]Violet[/name] [name]Ophelia[/name] [name]Claire[/name] to something a bit fresher (to my list), I had seriously considered [name]Violet[/name] [name]Helena[/name]–I think it’s so classically beautiful. I absolutely love both names, and they work really well together.

I really love [name]Violet[/name] with your other favorites–I think [name]Violet[/name], [name]Olive[/name], [name]Phoebe[/name], [name]Margot[/name], [name]Hazel[/name], and [name]Ingrid[/name] all work really well together. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I love it!!

I love both of them, but I don’t like [name]Violet[/name] [name]Helena[/name]. I think it sounds weird, but I think [name]Helena[/name] [name]Violet[/name] is very pretty!

Ohh thanks so much for the suggestion! I agree, [name]Helena[/name] [name]Violet[/name] is much more lovely! This could definitely be a compromise for me & hubby!

Very pretty! I love it!

I think it is pretty but agree with dantea that [name]Helena[/name] [name]Violet[/name] has better rhythm. I like both names, but love [name]Helena[/name] mroe too : D. I think with [name]Violet[/name] in front, [name]Elena[/name] and [name]Eleanor[/name] have a somewhat similar rhythm and sound better: [name]Violet[/name] [name]Elena[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]. Something about that T and H next to each other. I also like [name]Viola[/name] [name]Helen[/name]. (And [name]Viola[/name] is Shakespearean like [name]Helena[/name]. A lot of people on this board dislike [name]Viola[/name] because it is spelled the same as the word for rape in Spanish FYI, but to me, it’s such a different etymology and prn that I don’t think it’s such a thing).

Good luck!