Violet Monroe or Harper Monroe?

See the results of this poll: Baby Girl?

Respondents: 56 (This poll is closed)

• Violet Monroe : 41 (72%)
  • Harper Monroe: 16 (28%)

I said [name]Violet[/name]. I think with the middle name [name]Monroe[/name], a distictly feminine name works the best, not two unisex ones. [name]Violet[/name] [name]Monroe[/name] is great.

• [name]Athena[/name]

[name]Violet[/name] by a wide margin. Sounds beautiful.

[name]Harper[/name] [name]Monroe[/name] sounds like a publishing company.

[name]Violet[/name] gets my vote.

[name]Harper[/name] [name]Monroe[/name] is too ambiguous, because in theory, it could also be a male name as both names are (in my opinion) unisex.

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Monroe[/name] because that one is definitely female. [name]Harper[/name] [name]Monroe[/name] could be a boy or a girl.

I love [name]Harper[/name] [name]Monroe[/name]!

I agree that with [name]Harper[/name], [name]Monroe[/name] isn’t the best middle because they’re both surnames, but I voted for [name]Harper[/name] [name]Monroe[/name] anyway simply because I can’t stand [name]Violet[/name]. It’s far too close to “Violent.” I really like [name]Harper[/name] and the literary connections it has. [name]Both[/name] names are fairly popular and heading up, so don’t let that be a deciding factor between these two.

bump…

[name]Violet[/name].

1. It’s more timeless, and elegant than [name]Harper[/name], a new trendy name that in 20 years will sound as fresh as [name]Beverly[/name], [name]Kelly[/name], or [name]Ashley[/name] (other androgynous surnames turned into popular girls names).
  2. You have more nickname possibilities, from [name]Vi[/name] to [name]Vivi[/name] to [name]Letty[/name]. [name]Harper[/name] gets you Harpy.
  3. It’s always better to have at least one given name that gives away the child’s gender. With a middle name like [name]Monroe[/name], it’s better to avoid another androgynous surname.
  4. It’s simply prettier - the colour and the flower are beautiful associations to have.