Violet or Vera - MNs and V Alliteration?

Please Help!! I am still very much undecided on my daughter’s name (due [name]November[/name]). I love the names [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Vera[/name], but with our last name beginning with a V, I wonder if its too much of a mouthful. Opinions? I’m thinking that it might also lead to the NN [name]Vivi[/name], which is really cute.

Thanks for your reply!!

First of all I have to say that I like both; [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Vera[/name] but if I had to choose I’d go with [name]Violet[/name], just because it sounds better with your last name!

As a MN for [name]Violet[/name] and a variation of [name]Nancy[/name] I’d choose [name]Violet[/name] [name]Agnesa[/name]/Agneza

[name]Vera[/name] [name]Nanette[/name] isn’t my cup of tea but it sounds good!

Personally, I wouldn’t let the former acquaintances child influence your name choice. I would understand if it was someone in your family or someone your child will interact with on a regular basis, but otherwise I think you should just choose the name you like, especially for a middle name. =)

My vote is for [name]Violet[/name] - I think it’s very sweet. I don’t love [name]Vera[/name] though. [name]How[/name] about [name]Verity[/name]?

I think [name]Violet[/name] [name]Nanette[/name] is adorable!

I prefer [name]Vera[/name] or even [name]Verity[/name] or [name]Viviana[/name] to [name]Violet[/name]- it’s too close to “Violent” for my taste, but it’s your decision. [name]Nancy[/name] is a variant of [name]Ann[/name], so you could use any [name]Ann[/name]-variant or even a name with “ann” in it and it would still honor your mother.