Vionnet?

I just came across [name]Vionnet[/name] [vee-oh-nay] today while playing a name game, what do you all think?
Useable? Not so much?

Sorry, not my style. I like [name]Violet[/name].

It’s very pretty. Certainly not common, and unless you’re in a French-speaking country, it will most likely be mis-pronounced. But still, it’s very lovely.

[name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Vionnet[/name] was a haute couture fashion designer who was popular from the 1900’s to 1940’s. While it has a soft and feminine sound, I would have to categorize it as a brand name along with the likes of [name]Chanel[/name].

Agreed. Unless you’re in [name]France[/name], it will not be pronounced correctly.

I love how [name]Vionnet[/name] [vee-oh-nay] sounds! But you will forever be getting vee-oh-net or vy-oh-net, and when pronounced like that it sounds like something terrible’s happened to [name]Violet[/name] :frowning:

[name]Vionnet[/name] is interesting! Part [name]Monet[/name], part [name]Violet[/name]. I think I actually prefer [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Monet[/name] separately, but the name is intriguing.

It caught me off guard, but I actually really like it :slight_smile:

If I saw it, I would think it was pretty. I know of a little girl named Vignette and think that is lovely too.

The [name]Vionnet[/name] fashion line is actually still around, so naming a child [name]Vionnet[/name] is really the same as using [name]Armani[/name] or [name]Chanel[/name]. Its not something I would do, plus its a last name so thats two trends you might want to avoid depending on your style.

Thanks for the opinions so far!! I didn’t realize it was a Designer/Fashion name OR a Last name either!! Neither of those are really my style!