Virginia?

What do you think? I think it’s both sweet and spunky. A little worried about the obvious teasing aspect, but other than that, I really like it. I love the fact that it isn’t too popular as well.

[name]Vinnie[/name] seems neo-macho and all [name]Jersey[/name] Shore to me, sorry :frowning: I prefer [name]Ginger[/name] for [name]Virginia[/name], still full of spunk but a lot more feminine.

I agree; I hadn’t even thought of the connection. Now that I have I don’t think I’d be able to go for it… Thanks! Not wild about [name]Ginger[/name], but it is cute!

[name]Virginia[/name] is lovely, and I think [name]Vinnie[/name] could work as the nickname. My personal preference is [name]Ginny[/name], though.

I like [name]Virginia[/name], but it still feels a bit too old-fashioned for me to love. Besides, I worry about its teasing potential even though I think it’s becoming less of an issue. [name]Vinnie[/name] does seem too masculine/mob-boss/Italian mafia to me, lol, but I do think [name]Virginia[/name] nn [name]Ginny[/name] is really cute! I’m actually quite attached to it, as it was one of my favorite great-aunt’s names.

I thought of [name]Jersey[/name] Shore too when I saw [name]Vinnie[/name], but I do love [name]Virginia[/name]. I know a [name]Virginia[/name] who went by [name]Gina[/name], so I don’t think that would be too big of a stretch if you like that. My personal favorite NN for it is [name]Ginger[/name], too bad you don’t like it though. I think [name]Ginny[/name] is so overdone so its NMS but if you like it then it could be a nice option.

Thanks for the input! The appeal of [name]Vinnie[/name] is already wearing off, so I think I’ll delete it from the post. Any other NN options you can think of? I’d love to hear more!

I like [name]Virginia[/name], but [name]Vinnie[/name] makes me think of an Italian mobster guy. What’s wrong with the cute nn [name]Ginnie[/name]? :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] [name]Virginia[/name], very beautiful name but I hate [name]Vinnie[/name]. I have a friend with the name [name]Virginia[/name] and use to work with someone too and they both go by the full name but on occasion are called just V or Vee and are okay with that but don’t like the other nn’s.

[name]Virginia[/name] is a gorgeous name. I was surprised when I saw that it wasn’t popular because I go to school with 4 Virginias (but alas, I do live in [name]Texas[/name]). [name]One[/name] goes by the name of [name]Ginny[/name]. Personally, I have problems distinguishing the pronunciation of [name]Ginny[/name] to that of [name]Jenny[/name], so I would use [name]Virginia[/name] sans nn. No one makes fun of the (obvious) teasing potentials, and it is an overall great name. I would consider it if it were less popular in my eyes. It is a classic name that could easily trend to the boring side with a boring mn, so I suggest a slightly unusual mn:

[name]Virginia[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Virginia[/name] [name]Millicent[/name]
[name]Virginia[/name] [name]Winifred[/name]
[name]Virginia[/name] [name]Charlize[/name]
[name]Virginia[/name] [name]Randolph[/name]
[name]Virginia[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]

I love [name]Virginia[/name]! I think it’s really fantastic.

Thank you! [name]How[/name] do you think [name]Virginia[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] sounds, out of curiosity?

ginia, nia, gia, nina, some suggestions :slight_smile:

I love [name]Virginia[/name], but no nick names please. Certainly not the wretched [name]Vinny[/name]. If you must use one, [name]Ginny[/name] or [name]Ginger[/name] are at least feminine.

Pretty sure there was a similar thread recently; might be worth searching for it?

I think [name]Virginia[/name] is sweet, vintage and spunky. I knew a [name]Virginia[/name] who went be [name]Gigi[/name] so I think that’s a cute option.

I grew up with a [name]Virginia[/name] nn [name]Gena[/name], I dont remember her ever being teased. I think most name teasing takes place when kids are younger and I cant see little kids being aware of what a Virgin is, and once kids are older I think they realize virginity is just a fact of life, [name]Ive[/name] never really seen what there is to tease about it but maybe the kids I grew up around were different.

[name]Virginie[/name] is also a nice name.

[name]Virginia[/name] is my favorite name today! I’m so glad to find a recent post on it. I think it’s such a classic name that the teasing is minimal but it’s so vintage that she’ll be the only [name]Virginia[/name] in her class. For nicknames: [name]Ginny[/name], [name]Ginger[/name] and [name]Gigi[/name]. [name]Virginia[/name] [name]Daisy[/name], anyone? It sounds fresh and whimsical to me!

I grew up with a [name]Virginia[/name] nn [name]Gena[/name] and she was never teased about [name]Virginia[/name]=virgin, I dont think there is a teasing factor with this name. Virginity is just a fact of life, younger kids arent even aware of the significance and by highschool I dont think kids care enough to use the name to tease someone about it.