Virtue/word names: the line of too weird vs uniquely cool?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone,

These are some of the virtue and word names that I like. I’d like to know your thoughts. Which ones are cool/cute/unique, which ones are just too odd/weird?

Boys:
[name_m]Valor[/name_m]*
[name_m]Earnest[/name_m]*
[name_u]Sterling[/name_u]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]*
[name_u]Abbott[/name_u]
[name_u]Cyan[/name_u]
[name_u]Phoenix[/name_u]

Girls:
[name_u]Justice[/name_u]
[name_f]Amity[/name_f]*
[name_f]Mercy[/name_f]*
[name_f]Liberty[/name_f]
[name_f]Verity[/name_f]
[name_f]Cadence[/name_f]*
[name_u]Story[/name_u]
[name_u]Lyric[/name_u]

I put * by my faves (chosen mostly due to meaning), but I’d love thoughts on any/all of them. Thanks!

[name_u]Sterling[/name_u], [name_m]Valor[/name_m], [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] are really good names! I’ve heard [name_u]Sterling[/name_u] on a girl as well, and thought that was pretty neat.
For girls, I like [name_f]Liberty[/name_f], [name_f]Mercy[/name_f], [name_f]Cadence[/name_f], [name_u]Lyric[/name_u]. I’ve heard [name_u]Lyric[/name_u] as a boy before, and thought it was cute too! [name_f]Liberty[/name_f] and [name_f]Mercy[/name_f] are unique and I like that. [name_f]Cadence[/name_f], spelled [name_f]Kaydence[/name_f] is one of my favorites. It’s on my long list.

I love [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u], [name_m]Valor[/name_m] (but spelt Valour where I’m from), [name_m]Earnest[/name_m], [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], and [name_f]Verity[/name_f]. I think they’re all usable. There aren’t really any that would be terrible up front, although maybe [name_m]Valor[/name_m], [name_u]Cyan[/name_u], [name_u]Justice[/name_u], and [name_u]Story[/name_u] would make particularly wonderful middles.

I really love [name_m]Valor[/name_m], [name_u]Sterling[/name_u] and [name_u]Abbott[/name_u] for boys and [name_f]Amity[/name_f], [name_f]Verity[/name_f], [name_u]Story[/name_u] and [name_u]Lyric[/name_u] for girls.

[name_m]Valor[/name_m]* - I like this one, it has a nice meaning, not too dissimilar to [name_m]Victor[/name_m], why one and not the other? :slight_smile:
[name_m]Earnest[/name_m]* - I can’t get on board with this version of the spelling of [name_m]Ernest[/name_m], I’d stick to that
[name_u]Sterling[/name_u] - Well, if it’s good enough for [name_u]Sterling[/name_u] [name_m]Archer[/name_m]! I do like it, but I don’t know if a child should be named after something that corporate, then again I have [name_u]Silver[/name_u] in my sig so I can’t talk really
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]* - Not weird at all! I love this name, one of my favourites too.
[name_u]Abbott[/name_u] - Not a fan but not due to it’s weirdness, just don’t like it. Would fit in well.
[name_u]Cyan[/name_u] - very cute, I like this a lot, a bit out there so maybe as a mn?
[name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] - a fiery unisex name, I like it a lot

[name_u]Justice[/name_u] - not fan particularly, much prefer [name_f]Justine[/name_f]
[name_f]Amity[/name_f]* - A little preachy
[name_f]Mercy[/name_f]* - Same as previous name
[name_f]Liberty[/name_f] - Same as previous two names
[name_f]Verity[/name_f] - [name_f]Verity[/name_f] is alright, it is certainly a name but it’s a little dated
[name_f]Cadence[/name_f]* - Not a fan but is definitely a name
[name_u]Story[/name_u] - lovely, enjoying the popularity of this on nameberry
[name_u]Lyric[/name_u] - I like this but also [name_f]Lyra[/name_f], whichever suits you

[name_m]Valor[/name_m]* - I like this one, it has a nice meaning, not too dissimilar to [name_m]Victor[/name_m], why one and not the other? :slight_smile:
[name_m]Earnest[/name_m]* - I can’t get on board with this version of the spelling of [name_m]Ernest[/name_m], I’d stick to that
[name_u]Sterling[/name_u] - Well, if it’s good enough for [name_u]Sterling[/name_u] [name_m]Archer[/name_m]! I do like it, but I don’t know if a child should be named after something that corporate, then again I have [name_u]Silver[/name_u] in my sig so I can’t talk really
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]* - Not weird at all! I love this name, one of my favourites too.
[name_u]Abbott[/name_u] - Not a fan but not due to it’s weirdness, just don’t like it. Would fit in well.
[name_u]Cyan[/name_u] - very cute, I like this a lot, a bit out there so maybe as a mn?
[name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] - a fiery unisex name, I like it a lot

[name_u]Justice[/name_u] - not fan particularly, much prefer [name_f]Justine[/name_f]
[name_f]Amity[/name_f]* - A little preachy
[name_f]Mercy[/name_f]* - Same as previous name
[name_f]Liberty[/name_f] - Same as previous two names
[name_f]Verity[/name_f] - [name_f]Verity[/name_f] is alright, it is certainly a name but it’s a little dated
[name_f]Cadence[/name_f]* - Not a fan but is definitely a name
[name_u]Story[/name_u] - lovely, enjoying the popularity of this on nameberry
[name_u]Lyric[/name_u] - I like this but also [name_f]Lyra[/name_f], whichever suits you

Not a huge fan of virtue names, but from your list I like [name_u]Sterling[/name_u], [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], [name_m]Valor[/name_m], [name_f]Verity[/name_f], and [name_u]Lyric[/name_u]. One I haven’t seen mentioned is [name_f]Honor[/name_f], which I think is lovely for a girl. Also, [name_m]Truett[/name_m] for a boy, although it plays on “true” a little bit.

Not the biggest fan of [name_u]Abbott[/name_u] - it isn’t really a virtue name, it’s more of a profession name like [name_u]Carter[/name_u]. Same with [name_u]Cyan[/name_u] and [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] - not really virtue names, they’re color names. That said, I’ve always loved [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], but if you’re going for virtues I don’t think it quite fits.

I like all of your girl virtue names, although whenever I see [name_f]Amity[/name_f] I think of the amityville horror, so maybe not the best association! It is a beautiful name though. I’ve always liked [name_f]Joy[/name_f] as a girl middle name!

Boys:
[name_m]Valor[/name_m]* - I don’t like this one
[name_m]Earnest[/name_m]* - I think this is super usable and adorable!
[name_u]Sterling[/name_u] - It’s okay, not a huge fan
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]* - Not my favorite, but I know a [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] and he pulls it off
[name_u]Abbott[/name_u] - Hmm, I don’t really like it
[name_u]Cyan[/name_u] - Nope, not a fan
[name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] - I met a little girl [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] and I thought it was the cutest thing ever! I like it on boys, too :slight_smile:

Girls:
[name_u]Justice[/name_u] - Nope, hate the sound of this
[name_f]Amity[/name_f]* - This makes me think of the district in the book Divergent… I’ve never cared for it
[name_f]Mercy[/name_f]* - No, I really dislike the sound of this
[name_f]Liberty[/name_f] - I’ve always loved this name! Especially with the nickname [name_f]Libby[/name_f], I think it’s super adorable
[name_f]Verity[/name_f] - Hm, it’s interesting
[name_f]Cadence[/name_f]* - Yes, I really, really like this one :slight_smile:
[name_u]Story[/name_u] - No, this just doesn’t seem like a name to me
[name_u]Lyric[/name_u] - It’s okay, but I get the same feeling as I do with [name_u]Story[/name_u]

All in all, I really like [name_m]Earnest[/name_m], [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u], [name_f]Liberty[/name_f], and [name_f]Cadence[/name_f]. :slight_smile: