Visualizing Ivo & Milo

See the results of this poll: Which do you prefer?

Respondents: 43 (This poll is closed)

• Iv0 Miles : 20 (47%)
  • Mil0 Ives : 22 (51%)
  • Something else (please comment): 1 (2%)

As I’ve said before, I love Iv0, so voted for that, but:

Iv0: I’m slightly biased because I know/of an Iv0 (and have Iv0 [name_m]Llewellyn[/name_m] in my signature), but I’d imagine someone grounded, intelligent and focused but also fairly imaginative/modern (as it’s an old name but it’s modernised by the ‘o’ ending) - there’s definitely an immediate individuality to it, because it isn’t a name you hear very often. Family-wise, I’d assume a similar thing; nice, ‘respectable’ image :slight_smile:

[name_m]Milo[/name_m]: I actually really like [name_m]Milo[/name_m] (I read the Phantom Tollbooth as a child and the name stuck) but I definitely agree with you about it becoming more popular. I picture [name_m]Milo[/name_m] as slightly more alternative, stereotypically cooler than Iv0, with a relaxed, friendly personality (I’ve got skinny jeans/waistcoat type in my head, I don’t know why) :slight_smile: Family - a more ‘modern’, though still lovely family, although definitely trendier than Iv0’s family.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] the random images in my brain help a little - you’ve got two lovely name options :slight_smile:

I don’t think Mil0 is boring at all, but it’s not as cool as Iv0, that’s for sure :slight_smile: Starting with a vowel seems to make names a bit cooler in my opinion (especially i)! They are both very snappy names, though - crisp-sounding if you know what I mean.

I also think especially as it’s after a relative, it would be nicer to use the actual name if possible.

I don’t have any preconceptions of the family of boys with those names in terms of personalities or interests or anything, but I would probably guess pretty middle class. I’ve never known anybody (real or fictional, human or animal) by either of the names so I don’t have any preconceptions about the boys themselves at all.

I think you’ve got two great choices, though. Congratulations, you can’t go wrong!

I prefer [name_m]Iv0[/name_m] [name_m]Miles[/name_m], but [name_m]Mil0[/name_m] [name_m]Ives[/name_m] is also stunning! I love the quirkiness of [name_m]Ivo[/name_m] and the family significance for you is pretty special.

[name_m]Miles[/name_m] isn’t “boring” at all - it’s smart, underused and very quietly jazz-cool. [name_m]Milo[/name_m] is lovely but it does feel eternally young to me, while [name_m]Ivo[/name_m], [name_m]Ives[/name_m] and [name_m]Miles[/name_m] feel ageless. I would also picture a [name_m]Milo[/name_m] to be bigger, more confident and more boisterous than an [name_m]Ivo[/name_m], who I’d imagine to be quiet, slender and bookish (no idea why!)

Argh so close now!! Best of luck!

I think everyone else has really nailed it with their descriptions of these two potential boys and their families. I can’t really think of anything to add in terms of personality or the charms of their individuality.

As I think you know, I prefer Iv0, but you really can’t go wrong. I agree that M1les isn’t boring at all, and seems underused and is certainly far less trendy than Mil0.

I do wonder if you ever considered Iv0 Mil0s. Particularly with the accent on the second syllable, I think it’s very striking. EE-vo mee-LOSH. Perhaps it just rings a bit too Eastern European in combination, but you could consider it if M1les still doesn’t feel right.

Wow, that poll is close!

Thanks or all the input you guys, I really appreciate it. I do really like our choices but am just struggling to get excited about them for some reason. Boys names have always been so much more challenging for me than girls names. Iv0 [name_m]Miles[/name_m] is my top choice, but I guess I’m just worried I’ll feel strange with a baby [name_m]Ivo[/name_m] once I see him, given that the name has been so tied to just one person my entire life. Also, the trendiness of [name_m]Milo[/name_m] does make me more lukewarm on the name (my husband loves is though). Hearing your replies gives me more confidence, and you’ve all definitely made me feel better about [name_m]Miles[/name_m] :slight_smile:

I love them both! I have loved the name milo since I was little and it is more popular and “hipster-y” now, but hopefully maybe past it’s peak? Both names give off an effortless cool, nice guy vibe. Now you’ve got me considering [name_m]Ivo[/name_m]! The only thing that occurs to me is that [name_m]Ivo[/name_m] [name_m]Miles[/name_m] sounds like a scientific term? Like linear feet of nautical miles or something… VERY slight… but since you asked for impressions!

Thanks @1720marianna!

The poll is tied!!!