Vivian Dudley Bonner Yes/No?

See the results of this poll: Vivian Dudley Yes/No?

Respondents: 5 (This poll is closed)

• Yes : 1 (20%)
  • No : 4 (80%)
  • Other: 0 (0%)
  1. When I saw the name I thought ‘boy Vivian or girl Vivian?’ so I was unfazed when he turned out to be a guy. Can’t guarantee that everyone will have the same reaction. I don’t know if it’s common knowledge that Vivian is a boys name.

2. Marsaili sounds more like a made up boys name to me so I had to back track to when you said Vivian was the husband of the protagonist to make sure. I don’t think they fit together unfortunately. Viv sounds like he fits in steampunk world but Marsaili doesn’t to my ears.

edit Did some research into Marsaili. Marsailidh (in Gaelic) appears to come from the same line as Marcella? It might be easier to just use Marcella. :slight_smile:

[name]Vivian[/name] is a bit too largely female, I think it’s best to find an alternative. Maybe [name]Victor[/name] or something. I thought it was a woman until I real “protagonist’s husband” (Yes, the “omega male” threw me off royally. lol)
Most people aren’t name buffs, and won’t clue in that [name]Vivian[/name] was ever male, let alone male in the 20s.

[name]Vivian[/name] and Marsaili, I’d think [name]Vivian[/name] was the wife, and Marsaili was the Italian husband.

I agree with @renrose to just use [name]Marcella[/name].

As for names, you seem to like the V letter for him,
[name]Victor[/name]
[name]Avery[/name]
[name]Virgil[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Vaughn[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Davis[/name]
[name]David[/name]
[name]Evander[/name]

Or tt names:
[name]Merritt[/name]
[name]Barrett[/name]

Marsaili is still in works (since she’s Scottish) I have a story behind her name ^^

As for her husband, [name]Vivian[/name] is still on the list but I like your suggestions. [name]Vincent[/name] feels like a good choice for him. [name]Will[/name] have to think more about this…

It would have to be an obviously masculine choice, but not too macho if your perceptions of Marsaili are 1. Italian 2. [name]Male[/name]