Vivian or Vanessa

I feel as though [name]Vanessa[/name] might be dated right now, but it won’t be for long. It’s definitely due for a comeback. I actually really like it with [name]Isabella[/name], as they’re well matched in style. [name]Nessa[/name] is precious and way more striking than [name]Viv[/name], imo.

[name]Vivian[/name]! Easy choice there!

I prefer [name]Vivian[/name], but also really love [name]Vanessa[/name]. I don’t find it dated at all.

I am so tired of all the Vivians at this point. There are just too many coming at once and I see it as trendy at this point, even though it really isn’t. I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Vanessa[/name], just because I think it’s pretty and it works really well on all ages. She will be the only one at school with that name and it sounds great with a lot of last names.

The fact that [name]Vivian[/name]/[name]Vivienne[/name]/[name]Vivien[/name]/[name]Viviana[/name] is getting so popular is exactly why I didn’t use it. (I gave birth to baby [name]Nessa[/name] yesterday) I named my ODD [name]Isabella[/name] [name]Jane[/name] 8 years ago not thinking that it would get that popular, and it did. I still love the name [name]Isabella[/name], but I am sad that she’ll have to share it with so many other girls. She will have to work that much harder to stand out of the crowd. I am not making that mistake again. [name]IMO[/name] [name]Vanessa[/name] was never popular enough to be a generation defining name like [name]Jennifer[/name] and [name]Melissa[/name], and though it does have a tad dated feel right now, the nickname [name]Nessa[/name] makes it fresh. I do think [name]Vanessa[/name] will make a comeback in the next decade or two, though hopefully it won’t make it into the top 10. Thanks everyone for your responses. Good luck!

[name]Vivian[/name], deffinitely. I don’t think [name]Vivian[/name] is popular, [name]Vanessa[/name] seems more popular than [name]Vivian[/name]. Also, [name]Vanessa[/name] seems dated while [name]Vivian[/name] seems fresh and new.