Vivian or Vivienne?

I love the name [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]/Vivienne, and I definitely want to put it in my User [name_m]Card[/name_m]! Which spelling variation is better, [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] or [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]? Which one should I use?

1 Like

I pronounce them differently. [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] is “vih-vee-in” and [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] is “vih-vee-en”, but the en is soft, like a [name_u]French[/name_u] pronunciation.

Based off of that, I prefer [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]. Both are beautiful, though!

1 Like

Vivian gets my vote!

I prefer the neat look and sound of [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] :slight_smile:

When I hear the name I automatically think of the [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] spelling, but would personally use [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] for my kid given how much I love [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] Westwood :flushed: and fashion and think that’s very cool to have a nod at that

1 Like

I really like both. I agree with @winterara about the pronunciation

1 Like

I prefer the [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] spelling.

My favorite is [name_u]Vivien[/name_u], but [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] is fine too.

Vivienne I really dislike. It reminds me of [name_f]Angelina[/name_f] [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] who I also really dislike as well as the word julienne, what we do to vegetables.

I prefer [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]!

I’m kind of biased, but I prefer the look of [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] better.

Vivian

I much prefer the simplicity of [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]

Vivienne!

I prefer the simplicity of [name_u]Vivian[/name_u], though [name_u]Vivien[/name_u] is my favorite spelling :slight_smile:

I prefer the [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] spelling for a girl. [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] looks very masculine to me.

Vivienne. It’s more feminine and looks complete. If you want a more gender neutral name, spell it [name_u]Vivian[/name_u].

I think that [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] is more feminine, while [name_u]Vivien[/name_u] is more unisex. I love them both!

Vivian :heart:

I definitely prefer [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f].

I prefer [name_u]Vivian[/name_u].