Vivienne?

I kind of like this name. But what is everyone’s opinion on the best way to spell it. Pronounce [name_f]Vivi[/name_f] En. I guess lol

I think it’s a beautiful name, the [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] spelling is my favorite, but I think [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] has a different “feel” - more spunky than elegant.

[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] is my preferred spelling, because it does feel a little more graceful and less abrupt. Plus I really like the ‘en’ sound at the end and [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] leads me to pronounce it more with an ‘an/un’ ending (very slight difference however)

With the pronunciation you want, I definitely prefer [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]. Though not my style, it sounds very chic and lovely to me. [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] on the other hand seems more spunky to me, and i pronounce it differently from [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f].

[name_m]How[/name_m] do you pronounce each one??

[name_u]Love[/name_u] the nickname [name_f]Vivi[/name_f]! [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] is def an edgier spelling, yet still an elegant name nonetheless! :slight_smile:

There is also [name_u]Vivien[/name_u]. I have read that that is traditionally a male spelling, but [name_u]Vivien[/name_u] [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] used it.

I prefer the simplicity of the “[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]” spelling. To me, “[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]” looks a little frilly…not necessarily a bad thing, but not my style. (I also prefer [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] to [name_f]Juliette[/name_f], for what it’s worth). I would pronounce them both the same ("[name_f]VI[/name_f]-vee-en").

I definitely love the spelling [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] better than [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]. It just looks more classy.

Thank you. What are some nicknames you like for [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]?? I am a nickname junkie too!! Lol. Also does [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] go well as a sister to [name_f]Eliana[/name_f]???

I prefer [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] to vivienne! Feels less popular and more classic at the same time

Does [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]/[name_u]Vivien[/name_u] go well as a sister to [name_f]Eliana[/name_f]???

Also can [name_f]Evie[/name_f] be a nickname for This for is it to much of a stretch???

Please help!

Thanks!!

I love [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]! I think it goes perfectly well with sister [name_f]Eliana[/name_f].

Yes, [name_f]Evie[/name_f] can be a nickname for it I think. It has the sounds in the name, so it works. I also like V or [name_f]Vi[/name_f] (“vee”) as a nickname!

I’ve only known [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]'s so I find the [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] spelling a little frilly. [name_u]Vivien[/name_u] would be my preferred spelling, though I think [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] goes best with [name_f]Eliana[/name_f].

I would pronounce all spellings like VIH-vee-in.

I personally like the nickname V/Vee best, but [name_f]Vivi[/name_f] and [name_f]Evie[/name_f] works as well!

Thank you! I kind of think I like [name_u]Vivien[/name_u] best with [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] because it has 6 letters like eliana does lol!