Vote and Nicknames!

See the results of this poll: Which combo?

Respondents: 74 (This poll is closed)

• Ramsay Philip : 45 (61%)
  • Bennett Philip: 29 (39%)

I found a couple nicknames, but they all don’t sound too appealing to me.

[name_m]Ram[/name_m]
Rams/Ramz
[name_m]Rambo[/name_m]
[name_m]Ramey[/name_m]
Amsey
[name_m]Rami[/name_m]

[name_m]Ramsay[/name_m] is adorable! At a push, you could use [name_u]Remi[/name_u] as a nickname.

[name_u]Ray[/name_u] would work as a nn for [name_m]Ramsay[/name_m]. Maybe [name_u]Rhys[/name_u]?

[name_m]Ramsay[/name_m] doesn’t look right with [name_m]Phillip[/name_m].
Maybe [name_m]Ramsay[/name_m] [name_u]Dexter[/name_u]?
I do personally like [name_m]Bennett[/name_m] [name_m]Phillip[/name_m] though.

I love [name_m]Ramsay[/name_m]!!! And I think it sounds great with [name_m]Phillip[/name_m].

I see [name_m]Ram[/name_m] and [name_u]Remi[/name_u]/[name_u]Remy[/name_u] have already been suggested, those were the only ones I could think of that sounded good.

I like your front-runner! And [name_u]Ray[/name_u] was going to be my suggestion too — love it.

[name_m]Ramsay[/name_m] [name_m]Phillip[/name_m] is brilliant! I love the suggestion of [name_u]Ray[/name_u] as a nickname

I think [name_m]Ramsey[/name_m] is almost nickname-proof which is a good thing, I think. I really do like both [name_m]Ramsey[/name_m] and [name_m]Bennett[/name_m] and if he looks more like a [name_m]Bennett[/name_m] I would still use it with [name_m]Philip[/name_m] in the middle. We seldom say our first and middle names together and there are names that have may a slightly better flow but I wouldn’t toss names you love for that reason as they are fine together.

I love the suggestions of [name_m]Ram[/name_m], [name_u]Ray[/name_u] and [name_u]Remi[/name_u]/[name_u]Remy[/name_u] as nicknames for [name_m]Ramsay[/name_m]! [name_m]Ramsay[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] definitely has the best flow but [name_m]Bennett[/name_m] is a nice name and a great choice if he doesn’t look like a [name_m]Ramsay[/name_m].

I prefer the original [name_m]Ramsey[/name_m].

I think Ames, Amsey, Rames, Rams, [name_f]Zee[/name_f], [name_f]Raz[/name_f], and [name_f]Razzy[/name_f] could work as nicknames.

OT, but have you considered [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] for a girl?

I am so glad the votes are going against what I thought and are in favour of [name_m]Ramsay[/name_m]!
I am also glad to see that some see the name as nickname proof and others struggle just about as much! Nicknames like [name_f]Zee[/name_f] or any Z heavy nicknames wouldn’t work as the last name starts with Z! Definitely some good overall suggestions though! I would most likely just call him [name_m]Ramsay[/name_m] but I did want to be sure that if at some point he wanted, it could be shortened.

@autumnreverie - Originally I also preferred the [name_m]Ramsey[/name_m] spelling, but my fiancé prefers the [name_m]Ramsay[/name_m] spelling (He’s a huge follower of [name_m]Gordon[/name_m] [name_m]Ramsay[/name_m]) so I made a concession to gain his support on the name!
[name_f]Philippa[/name_f] “[name_f]Pippa[/name_f]” is currently my front runner if baby shocks me and is a girl! I feel very much “right” somehow that I give a daughter a name after my father, moreso than a son, I think he would like that. And last I checked my fiancé was on board too!

Honestly I’m with your partner on the spelling, so prefer [name_m]Ramsay[/name_m] to the variant [name_m]Ramsey[/name_m]. I know it’s only one letters difference, but the -ay ending feels more classic.

I love [name_f]Philippa[/name_f]! No matter who yoyr littke one is when they arrive you have some great names lines up.

[name_m]Ramsey[/name_m] is my #1 for a boy so obviously [name_m]Ramsay[/name_m] got my vote, but I like [name_m]Bennett[/name_m] too.

[name_m]Rambo[/name_m] is a fun nickname for [name_m]Ramsay[/name_m].