Vote for favorite Abram/Abraham combo?

DH & I have made a list of boy names for our gender surprise baby due in November. We love Abram/Abraham and Gideon. If baby is a Gideon, we’ve narrowed to Gideon Howl. But, my favorite name is Abram/Abraham, so I am leaning towards that one :wink: Can’t decide between these middle names, what’s your favorite combo?

• Abram Hawthorne
  • Abram Thatcher
  • Abraham Wolf

0 voters

[name_m]Abram[/name_m] [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m] is stunning - love it!

Absolutely LOVE Hawthorne as a middle

I would actually vote [name_m]Abram[/name_m] [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] personally but my second choice would be [name_m]Abram[/name_m] [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m]! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I like [name_m]Abram[/name_m] [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m] and [name_m]Abraham[/name_m] [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] a lot - if [name_m]Abram[/name_m] [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] was on the poll it would definitely get my vote tho!

In general my favorite is [name_m]Thatcher[/name_m], but I voted for [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] simply because if you would have a second baby boy and decide to still go with [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_m]Howl[/name_m] (or if you go with [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_m]Howl[/name_m] for this boy and then use [name_m]Abram[/name_m] for next baby boy) I think it would be sweet for them to have middle names that go together.

[name_m]Abram[/name_m] is a wonderful choice :wink: [name_f]My[/name_f] husband is an [name_m]Abram[/name_m] [name_m]Abram[/name_m] [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m] is absolutely stunning.

I have a little [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] and as one currently expecting [name_m]Abram[/name_m] has been on my radar so I love seeing these options for consideration!

Seeing all 4 choices I’ll list them how I see from most favorite to least favorite.

[name_m]Abram[/name_m] [name_m]Thatcher[/name_m]
[name_m]Abram[/name_m] [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_m]Howl[/name_m]
[name_m]Abraham[/name_m] [name_u]Wolf[/name_u]

We were listening to [name_f]Susan[/name_f] Wise Bauer’s “The [name_m]History[/name_m] of the Ancient World” the other day, and the author mentions that, when [name_m]God[/name_m] changed Abram’s name, He added the “ah” syllable because “ah” represents His own name. [name_m]God[/name_m] stamped [name_m]Abraham[/name_m] as His own with that syllable. He did the same for [name_f]Sarai[/name_f], changing her name to [name_f]Sarah[/name_f], with the “ah.”

Because that syllable is so meaningful, I chose [name_m]Abraham[/name_m].

1 Like