Vote on my final(ish) choices!

See the results of this poll: Final girl’s combos!

Respondents: 31 (This poll is closed)

• Hazel Eleanor : 9 (13%)
  • Hazel Alberta : 7 (10%)
  • Hazel Kay : 5 (7%)
  • Daphne Eleanor : 15 (22%)
  • Daphne Kay : 7 (10%)
  • Georgia Kay : 4 (6%)
  • Georgia Eleanor : 6 (9%)
  • Vivian Kay : 7 (10%)
  • Vivian Eleanor: 8 (12%)

Thank you! I am a fan of “[name]Eleanor[/name]” in the middle esp. since with [name]Hazel[/name] and [name]Daphne[/name], she won’t have many nickname options. [name]Eleanor[/name] has the benefit of adding lots of alternatives in case she hates her name!

I like the spunky middle name of [name]Kay[/name] in this order.

1 [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Kay[/name]
2 [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Kay[/name]
3 [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Kay[/name]

I really love both [name]Daphne[/name] and [name]Hazel[/name].
Out of the combinations I really love [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] the best. Good luck!

[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Kay[/name] beats all the others in my opinion, but I also like [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name].

[name]Hazel[/name] is okay but I don’t like [name]Vivian[/name] or [name]Georgia[/name]

[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Alberta[/name] goes so well!! I think its so cool!

1. [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]
  2. [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]
  3. [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Kay[/name]

I love all the combinations, but with Benhadi things get tricky.

[name]Daphne[/name] + Benhadi rhyme (same ending sound), which strikes my ear as a bit childish. [name]ViviAN[/name] BENhadi share proximate sounds, so that’s out too (can sound like a stutter when speaking quickly). So for first names, that leaves [name]Hazel[/name] and [name]Georgia[/name].

Looking at [name]Hazel[/name] first:
[name]HazEL[/name] [name]ELeanor[/name] = same problem with repeating sounds and stuttering.
[name]HazEL[/name] [name]ALberta[/name] = nearly as bad
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Kay[/name] Benhadi has perfect flow (2-1-3 for syllable count with the meter and stress in all the right places). No sounds are repeated, and I like the subtle alliteration of the Hs.

[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] = repetition of sounds again ([name]Georgi[/name]-[name]AH[/name] EH-leanor)
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Kay[/name] Benhadi = equally good as [name]Hazel[/name].

Therefore, the only viable combinations are [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Kay[/name] and [name]Hazel[/name] K. My vote is for the more unusual [name]Hazel[/name]. I enjoy its stronger sounds, particularly when paired with a Semitic surname like Benhadi, and as I mentioned above I like the subtle alliteration of the two Hs. [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Kay[/name] Benhadi is really wonderful (thought I might suggest adding an -e onto [name]Kay[/name] : [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Kaye[/name] Benhadi).