Vote on my girl's name

See the results of this poll: Which name do you like best?

Respondents: 47 (This poll is closed)

• Julia Natalie: 12 (26%)
  • Julia Nell: 12 (26%)
  • Alexandra Nell: 6 (13%)
  • Elizabeth Nell (nn Betsy): 10 (21%)
  • Josephine Nell: 7 (15%)

I think [name]Nell[/name] is cute as a nn, but I don’t like it as a mn. Too insubstantial for me. [name]Nell[/name] can be a nn for [name]Cornelia[/name] and other names.

I adore [name]Nell[/name]! [name]Julia[/name] [name]Nell[/name] is fabulous, but it will really work best with a long last name (e.g., [name]Julia[/name] [name]Nell[/name] Guggenheim). If your last name is short, it won’t have the same effect (e.g., [name]Julia[/name] [name]Nell[/name] [name]Graham[/name]).

I adore [name]Nell[/name]! [name]Julia[/name] [name]Nell[/name] is fabulous, but it will really work best with a long last name (e.g., [name]Julia[/name] [name]Nell[/name] Guggenheim). If your last name is short, it won’t have the same effect (e.g., [name]Julia[/name] [name]Nell[/name] [name]Graham[/name]).[/quote]

Our last name is two syllables, 7 letters. Any other ideas?

I adore [name]Nell[/name]! [name]Julia[/name] [name]Nell[/name] is fabulous, but it will really work best with a long last name (e.g., [name]Julia[/name] [name]Nell[/name] Guggenheim). If your last name is short, it won’t have the same effect (e.g., [name]Julia[/name] [name]Nell[/name] [name]Graham[/name]).[/quote]

Our last name is two syllables, 7 letters. Any other ideas?[/quote]
Is there any special reason you are limiting mn to either [name]Nell[/name] or [name]Natalie[/name]? Could [name]Natalie[/name] be paired with any of the other FNs on your list?

We’re trying to do an “N” name to honor a relative. It’s unfortunate, I don’t love the “N” names, but it’s really important to my husband… and I think it’s nice for our daughter’s name to have some meaning rather than just use names I think are pretty.

I love [name]Julia[/name] [name]Nettie[/name]! I like this better than any of your other options! [name]Nettie[/name] is so sweet and spunky!

[name]Nettie[/name] could also be short of [name]Annette[/name], so you could do [name]Julia[/name] [name]Annette[/name], if you want something more formal. But if [name]Nettie[/name] is the name of the person you want to honor, I’d definitely go with [name]Nettie[/name]! I love it.

I love [name]Julia[/name] [name]Nettie[/name]! I like this better than any of your other options! [name]Nettie[/name] is so sweet and spunky!

[name]Nettie[/name] could also be short of [name]Annette[/name], so you could do [name]Julia[/name] [name]Annette[/name], if you want something more formal. But if [name]Nettie[/name] is the name of the person you want to honor, I’d definitely go with [name]Nettie[/name]! I love it.[/quote]

The only problem with [name]Nettie[/name] (I deleted it from my post) is that her husband’s name is [name]Jules[/name]. So [name]Julia[/name] [name]Nettie[/name] would sound too much like [name]Jules[/name] and [name]Nettie[/name]. A bit weird, I think! One of the reasons that turns me off to doing [name]Julia[/name] (not anything personal against him, he’s a nice man, it would just sound odd).

Our last name is two syllables, 7 letters. Any other ideas?[/quote]

Okay, does [name]Julia[/name] [name]Nell[/name] sound good to you with the last name? If it does, then it might be okay!

Or, try [name]Helen[/name] - [name]Nell[/name] is also a diminutive of [name]Helen[/name]. [name]Julia[/name] [name]Helen[/name] “[name]Graham[/name]” would work…

Here are others I would suggest, if you decide not to do N:

[name]Julia[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Julia[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Julia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Julia[/name] [name]Daphne[/name]

Is [name]Nettie[/name]'s whole name [name]Nettie[/name]? Or is there a full name that you could either use or we could find an alternative that has the same meaning?

[name]Nettie[/name] could also be short of [name]Annette[/name], so you could do [name]Julia[/name] [name]Annette[/name], if you want something more formal. But if [name]Nettie[/name] is the name of the person you want to honor, I’d definitely go with [name]Nettie[/name]! I love it.[/quote]

The only problem with [name]Nettie[/name] (I deleted it from my post) is that her husband’s name is [name]Jules[/name]. So [name]Julia[/name] [name]Nettie[/name] would sound too much like [name]Jules[/name] and [name]Nettie[/name]. A bit weird, I think! One of the reasons that turns me off to doing [name]Julia[/name] (not anything personal against him, he’s a nice man, it would just sound odd).[/quote]

OK, I also really like [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Nettie[/name] or [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Annette[/name].

Or how about [name]Annette[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] (nn [name]Nettie[/name])? (a bit rhymey, but I like it a lot).
Or [name]Annette[/name] [name]Julianna[/name] (nn [name]Nettie[/name])?

You could do a search to find out what other names can have [name]Nettie[/name] as a NN.

[name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Annette[/name] would also be Gorgeous

(but I don’t like [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Nettie[/name]).

I voted for [name]Julia[/name] [name]Nell[/name], but here are some other suggestions with N middles:

[name]Julia[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]* (my favorite)
[name]Julia[/name] [name]Naomi[/name]*
[name]Julia[/name] [name]Nicola[/name]
[name]Julia[/name] [name]Nicolette[/name]
[name]Julia[/name] [name]Neve[/name]
[name]Julia[/name] [name]Norabel[/name]*
I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Julia[/name], by the way!

[name]Hi[/name]! I was all set to vote on one of your [name]Julia[/name] combos, but then I saw [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Nell[/name]. So, I voted for [name]Elizabeth[/name], but I also really like [name]Julia[/name] [name]Nell[/name] and [name]Julia[/name] [name]Natalie[/name]. :slight_smile:

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the suggestions of other N names–[name]Noelle[/name] was also a thought, but I don’t love the name, though it does sound pretty with [name]Julia[/name]…

[name]Jill[/name], did you vote for [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Nell[/name] because you like [name]Elizabeth[/name] better as a first name than [name]Julia[/name]? What do you think of the nn [name]Betsy[/name]? What is your favorite [name]Elizabeth[/name] nickname–[name]Eliza[/name]?