Vote on my Nicodemus combos!

See the results of this poll: Which first name is best with Nicodemus?

Respondents: 35 (This poll is closed)

• Toby Nicodemus : 15 (43%)
  • Joseph Nicodemus : 14 (40%)
  • Walter Nicodemus: 6 (17%)

Someone recently suggested [name]Josiah[/name] in place of [name]Joseph[/name] for me, so I will pass it along! [name]Josiah[/name] is definitely less expected and I think [name]Josiah[/name] [name]Nicodemus[/name] sounds great. [name]Josiah[/name] and [name]Tobias[/name] as brothers could either be coordinated, or too matchy, depends on what you think of the set! Another name that comes to mind is [name]Joel[/name], and that is just as unexpected as [name]Toby[/name] with [name]Nicodemus[/name].

Maybe this [name]Walter[/name] has a more appealing middle name, birth place, or attribute that would be appropriate to use in place of the formal first name.

Here’s a thought: [name]Wesley[/name] [name]Nicodemus[/name]. W from [name]Walter[/name] + the -ey ending from [name]Toby[/name].

Thanks to the voters so far! It’s going to be fun watching this over the week.
Saracita, thanks for the comments and suggestions. I really like [name]Wesley[/name] [name]Nicodemus[/name]. I voted [name]Peregrine[/name] [name]Wesley[/name] [name]Donald[/name] for you, btw…I think it’s that -ey ending that make [name]Toby[/name] and [name]Wesley[/name] so appealing with [name]Nicodemus[/name]. I also like [name]Joel[/name] and [name]Josiah[/name]. I have a brother named [name]Josiah[/name], so that complicates my possible use of the name–he’s a great guy, but I have two other brothers as well! And thanks for the thoughts on [name]Walter[/name]. I’ll look into more possibilities.

[name]Just[/name] found out our friend [name]Walter[/name] has a triple given name–[name]Walter[/name] [name]Harrell[/name] [name]Dean[/name]! [name]Dean[/name] doesn’t work with [name]Nicodemus[/name], but [name]Harrell[/name] does–and I think with the nickname [name]Harry[/name], or by changing it to [name]Harry[/name] [name]Nicodemus[/name], it could be a winner!

I love the idea of [name]Joseph[/name] [name]Nicodemus[/name] the most. The meaning (along with the religious significance) really struck me. I love it.

If you are concerned about the [name]Toby[/name]/[name]Tobias[/name] thing, what about [name]Tobin[/name] [name]Nicodemus[/name]? Lately I’ve been loving [name]Tobin[/name] more, and it’s a variation of [name]Tobias[/name], so that might be an option?

Good luck!

I voted for [name]Joseph[/name] [name]Nicodemus[/name]; to me, it does flow well. But the suggestions of [name]Josiah[/name] or [name]Joel[/name] are a good idea. I know that [name]Joel[/name] is an old biblical name as well, but it feels a bit fresher to me and so it has an unexpected feeling to me with [name]Nicodemus[/name].

Thanks, ashthedreamer and brisen! [name]Ash[/name], I do like [name]Tobin[/name], but I don’t care for the ending-and-beginning N sounds in [name]Tobin[/name] [name]Nicodemus[/name]. While creating my combos, I tried to avoid names that end in N. [name]Joseph[/name] is growing on me more and more with all the positive comments. Brisen, I also think it flows very well, just not quite as well as the names that end with an -ey sound, like [name]Toby[/name], [name]Wesley[/name] and [name]Harry[/name]. Congrats on the expected baby boy, by the way!

I just had to pick [name]Toby[/name]… [name]Tobias[/name] is a favorite of mine, and I agree the -ey ending is perfect for [name]Nicodemus[/name].

Here are some other -ey names just to play with:

[name]Anthony[/name] or [name]Antony[/name]
[name]Bradley[/name]
[name]Colby[/name]
[name]Corey[/name]
[name]Dempsey[/name]
[name]Dmitri[/name] (for some reason I love this one)
[name]Garvey[/name]
[name]Jacoby[/name]
[name]Jeremy[/name]
[name]Remy[/name]
[name]Robby[/name]
[name]Troy[/name]

Thanks, lori johnson and kerrie! I think my favorites from your combined suggestions are [name]Victor[/name], [name]Garvey[/name] and [name]Remy[/name]. I like those two syllables! [name]Garvey[/name] really struck me, for some reason. Neither too familiar nor too unfamiliar, and it sounds great with [name]Nicodemus[/name].

Thanks to everyone who voted on my combos and to everyone who took the time to comment and make suggestions. I was surprised to see [name]Toby[/name] edge out [name]Joseph[/name] at the end! [name]Both[/name] [name]Toby[/name] [name]Nicodemus[/name] and [name]Joseph[/name] [name]Nicodemus[/name] are going on my dream list, along with a few other ideas. I’ll leave the thread open till tomorrow (2/7/12) in case anyone else would like to comment.

Thanks again, everyone! This was a lot of fun.

• Auroradawn