Vote on these middles for Edmund!

Not long ago I had a thread trying to come up with some combos for [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] which yielded some pretty great results, now I’d like some input to narrow the possibilities down to the best options. Which ones do you like?

I have one son currently, named [name_m]Archimedes[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], he’s often called [name_m]Archie[/name_m].

• [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_u]Augustine[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_u]Oleander[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_u]Winslow[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_u]Meadowlark[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_m]Rupert[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] Deitrich
  • [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_m]Sylvester[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_m]Cosimo[/name_m]

0 voters

[name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_m]Sylvester[/name_m] is fantastic

2 Likes

I’m actually surprised how many people seem to like [name_m]Sylvester[/name_m]! It’s admittedly one I’m on the fence about. I should love it, I want to love it, but I’m just not sure.

1 Like

What an awesome list!! [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_m]Sylvester[/name_m], [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_u]Augustine[/name_u] and [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] are perfect for [name_m]Arch[/name_m]!medes’ brother! So many great names! I also really like [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u], [name_m]Rupert[/name_m] and [name_u]Winslow[/name_u]. All your options are fantastic.

2 Likes

I am loving [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m]!

1 Like

That’s my current favorite by my partner isn’t 100% sold on it. I think he will come around (it seems so up his street given he’s the one who picked out [name_m]Archimedes[/name_m] for our first) but I like having a few choices I feel really good about so if he ultimately ends up unenthusiastic with [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] we still have a name that we can both be excited about.

1 Like

If I was choosing for myself, I love [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_m]Rupert[/name_m] but with a name like [name_m]Archimedes[/name_m] as a brother I think [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] is the perfect fit.

1 Like

I love [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m]. [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] is very strong but not nearly as forceful as [name_m]Archimedes[/name_m] so [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] helps to even them out as the Barth syllable and length generally match the intensity, but the tholomew is more subtle like [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]. [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] and [name_m]Archie[/name_m] sound great together.

I also voted for [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] and [name_m]Rupert[/name_m], but they don’t come close to [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] for me.

1 Like

I voted [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_u]Oleander[/name_u] and [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_m]Cosimo[/name_m] because I think [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] needs to be paired with a name as unique as [name_m]Archimedes[/name_m]. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks like [name_u]Augustine[/name_u] is coming out on top, but [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] isn’t far behind!

Off question, but Is [name_u]Augustine[/name_u] maybe a peculiar choice when my first son and his father both have [name_u]August[/name_u] birthdays?

I have had this exact same thought before (my elder son was born in [name_u]August[/name_u]) as someone with [name_m]Augustin[/name_m] and [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] on long lists for consideration for our next. I really hesitate with it myself, though all the [name_u]August[/name_u] names have such a long history of use that I am more than sure that not even an august portion of them have been [name_u]August[/name_u] born. Perhaps it is even a way to connect them through the name, though.

1 Like

This is a good point. Honestly I’ve met a lot of Aigists and more than a few [name_u]Augustine[/name_u] and Augustuses and the majority of them, if not all of them, had birthdays that weren’t in [name_u]August[/name_u]. I think that qas some classic overanalyzation on my part.