Vote on these, please :)

See the results of this poll: Vote on these, please :slight_smile:

Respondents: 29 (This poll is closed)

• Nola: 9 (31%)
  • Maris: 5 (17%)
  • Norah: 8 (28%)
  • Keira (I need convincing on this one): 7 (24%)

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Tara[/name]!

[name]Keira[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this! I think it is fresh, young, and feminine, so it compliments [name]Juliette[/name], [name]Bella[/name], and [name]Mia[/name] very well. It’s Irish, so that may or may not be a plus for you. It sounds great with [name]Wood[/name]! It isn’t overly popular nor totally unfamiliar (thank you, [name]Keira[/name] Knightley!), and it is understated and elegant.

[name]Maris[/name] - Cute name, but I prefer it as a middle name, especially with your set. [name]Maris[/name] doesn’t quite have the same whimsical, feminine feel that you’ve got with [name]Juliette[/name], [name]Bella[/name], and [name]Mia[/name].

[name]Nola[/name] - I do like [name]Nola[/name], despite the fact that it feels slightly incomplete to me. After you nixed [name]Idina[/name] (still sad…), [name]Nola[/name] became my favorite that you were seriously considering. But, now that [name]Keira[/name]'s here, I think I prefer that one! I still think [name]Nola[/name] is delicate, feminine, simple, and sweet, though, so it would be a great choice!

[name]Norah[/name] - I just can’t get on board with [name]Nora/name! It doesn’t seem to have the elegance, sophistication, and playfulness of [name]Juliette[/name], [name]Bella[/name], [name]Mia[/name], and [name]Leo[/name]. Rather, to me, it is a bit on the bland side. I don’t think you are looking for bland, and it worries me that you’ve posted a thread called “Back to [name]Norah[/name]. Again.” [name]Do[/name] you really love this name?

So, since [name]Keira[/name] is already Irish, and I love it alone and with your set, I might suggest [name]Keira[/name] [name]Maris[/name] [name]Wood[/name] for you! If not, [name]Keira[/name] [name]Quinlan[/name], [name]Keira[/name] [name]Maeve[/name], and [name]Keira[/name] [name]Larkin[/name] are all lovely…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Hey thanks, [name]Lemon[/name]!
This baby’s future Godmaother suggested [name]Keira[/name]. I didn’t care for it initially, but I might be kinda liking it now. I’m still not sure, though.
About [name]Norah[/name]… it was my favorite for a few years. [name]Leo[/name] would’ve been [name]Norah[/name] had he been a girl. I still like it very much, I think it’s lovely. I just feel like I want something fresher now, you know?
I’m having trouble getting [name]Jules[/name] to give this name up. I know it’s not her baby but I really want them all to like the name. She LOVES [name]Norah[/name]. I guess ultimately we’ll choose one that my hubby and I agree on and love.

I’ll keep you posted. My fav. right now is [name]Nola[/name] :slight_smile:

Thanks, [name]Lemon[/name]!
[name]Tara[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] I can’t vote for [name]Nola[/name] because I don’t like any names that start with ‘No’ I think this gives off such a negative vibe, and kids need all the positive they can get, needless to say [name]Naomi[/name], [name]Noah[/name], [name]Nathan[/name] etc are off my list.

[name]Keira[/name] [name]Maris[/name] would be a lovely combo and would suit your kid’s names?

I dislike [name]Norah[/name] I could accept [name]Annora[/name] nn [name]Ann[/name] or [name]Honor[/name] but the [name]Norah[/name] I knew was so dorky.

[name]Tara[/name],

[name]How[/name] cute that the baby’s future godmother suggested [name]Keira[/name]! I really do think it is great!

[name]Rollo[/name] has a point about [name]Nola[/name] beginning with “no,” but that doesn’t bother me so much. I think the name is pretty, but it does feel a tad bit “lighter” to me than [name]Juliette[/name], [name]Bella[/name], [name]Mia[/name], and [name]Leo[/name]. Maybe it isn’t a big deal, but I also think it is a nice nickname for [name]Finola[/name].

By the way, how old is [name]Juliette[/name]? Maybe she should keep [name]Norah[/name] for her own future child if she loves it so much! Or, maybe if she is young enough, a toy named [name]Norah[/name] would be a suitable alternative. Not totally sure how to handle that one!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Hey [name]Lemon[/name]-

I had never really thought about the “no” aspect of [name]Nola[/name] or [name]Norah[/name]. I suppose that means it doesn’t bother me.
I’m gonna have to think about [name]Keira[/name] a bit more. I just am not in love with it yet. That could easily change, like, overnight.

:slight_smile:
[name]Tara[/name]

Thanks for your response, [name]Rollo[/name]!
I’ll keep [name]Keira[/name] [name]Maris[/name] in mind :slight_smile:

[name]Tara[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Tara[/name] :slight_smile:

I voted for [name]Norah[/name]. I think it is a beautiful, simple yet feminine, vintage choice, and works very well with your other children’s names. It is on our list :slight_smile: I also really like [name]Nola[/name], and considered voting for it, but I think [name]Norah[/name] just has the edge. The ‘no’ in both names doesn’t bother me at all.

[name]Maris[/name] and [name]Keira[/name] are both nice, and I love that [name]Keira[/name] was suggested by the baby’s godmother, but neither bowls me over like [name]Norah[/name] and [name]Nola[/name] do.

I’m going to plug for [name]Orla[/name] again (if you don’t like it, just ignore me!) as I think it is the PERFECT name for you! I love it with your other children’s names, it has a great meaning and the Irish connection you’re looking for, it is unusual but easy to pronounce and spell (like your other children’s names) and reminds me both of [name]Norah[/name] and [name]Nola[/name]. [name]Juliette[/name], [name]Bella[/name], [name]Mia[/name], [name]Leo[/name] and [name]Orla[/name]. I love it!

Good luck!

Hello again, Twinkle!

[name]Orla[/name]. Hmmm…it is a nice combination of [name]Norah[/name] and [name]Nola[/name]. I just don’t love it. I do, however, love that you are so determined to help us find the right name :slight_smile:

I do still like [name]Norah[/name] very much but it has been at the top of my list for several years now and I’m afraid I’ve grown tired of it. I just want something spunky and new and fresh. [name]Nola[/name] is my favorite right now. The “No” part of these names doesn’t trouble me at all either.

Thanks so much for your encouragement and support! I’ll keep you posted on the progress :wink:

Good night-
[name]Tara[/name]

[name]Nola[/name]- I love it with your kids’ names! However, if the New Orleans, LA and Granola thing still bothers you, I wouldn’t use it.

[name]Maris[/name]- A nice name, but it contains all the letters in [name]Mia[/name]…

[name]Norah[/name]- I think it goes well with your kids’ names, too, but I prefer [name]Nola[/name].

[name]Keira[/name]- I like it with [name]Juliette[/name], [name]Bella[/name], [name]Mia[/name], and [name]Leo[/name], but if your not completely sold on it, I wouldn’t use it.

What about [name]Carys[/name]? The first initials of [name]Juliette[/name], [name]Mia[/name], and [name]Leo[/name] (J, L, and M) are next to each other in the alphabet, but [name]Bella[/name] (B) is the only one with a name from the beginning of the alphabet. Also, it rhymes with [name]Maris[/name]. I remember that you had as a middle name for [name]India[/name], so do you like it as a first name?

Good luck! :slight_smile:
”

I don’t think the GRAnola thing bothers me. I mean, there are worse things to be picked on about. Right now, [name]Nola[/name] is my favorite.

I do like [name]Carys[/name]/[name]Cerys[/name] as a name but I’m not sure I love it with the sib set. I mentioned it to my hubby before and he said he thinks (spelled [name]Carys[/name]) that people would pronounce it as “[name]Cary[/name]'s”.
I’m going to give it more thought. It is a gorgeous name!

Thanks so much, [name]Cecily[/name]!

[name]Tara[/name]

I just love [name]Keira[/name] for you! And I think [name]Keira[/name] [name]Maris[/name] is perfect!
I think it fits well with your other children’s names, but does not clash, and sort of ties the group together. It’s just romantic and playful enough, while still a name to be taken seriously. It has a certain glamorous side to it that I think matches your other girls )where [name]Nora[/name] would feel like the “plain sister”).
I love that it’s an Irish name for you, and I think it sounds fabulous with your last name (which has proven to be something not to be taken for granted).

Obviously if it doesn’t make you happy, then it’s not the right name. But if you do love it and just aren’t sold (or just aren’t ready to give up the other names you like), please take my vote as another nudge in that direction.

Thanks, JLM!
I’m still not sold but I’m thinking hard about it.
I appreciate your encouragement!

[name]Tara[/name]

Hello again, Twinkle!

[name]Orla[/name]. Hmmm…it is a nice combination of [name]Norah[/name] and [name]Nola[/name]. I just don’t love it. I do, however, love that you are so determined to help us find the right name :slight_smile:

I do still like [name]Norah[/name] very much but it has been at the top of my list for several years now and I’m afraid I’ve grown tired of it. I just want something spunky and new and fresh. [name]Nola[/name] is my favorite right now. The “No” part of these names doesn’t trouble me at all either.

Thanks so much for your encouragement and support! I’ll keep you posted on the progress :wink:

Good night-
[name]Tara[/name][/quote]

I know what you mean - [name]Benjamin[/name] has been on our list for so long, and now I am hearing it everywhere, and when I say it is starting to feel almost bland compared with how much I love our other children’s names :frowning:

I adore [name]Nola[/name]; I think it is a pretty name with a lot of spunk, simple and unusual. It would be a wonderful choice!

You’re welcome, and good luck!