Votes for first boy, 2 sisters!

I’m having a third baby! Not sure of gender yet, will know in about a month.

Girl name is locked in. Boy name, tbd. Let me know which you like best for our fam! Naturally my husband and I have different favs lol.

My two girls are Leni and Ru. What should we name baby brother?

Abel
I think this name is so beautiful. I dislike that people could call him Abe and would consciously make a point to not use that nickname. But Abel is lovely and feels kind of fresh and new, even though it’s old. It’s my husbands fav.

Otto
My fav! Super hard to find a middle with that we both like. My husband loves the name but is resistant because we know someone who used it.

Oscar
I do really love this name, but I hesitate. It just seems a bit mainstream and average. But it’s definitely handsome nonetheless.

Arno
I love Arlo but husband insists we can’t use (his bosses son’s name). He likes Arno. It feels a little more dated and less cute than Arlo to me. Like Arnie or Alfred or something of the like. But I do like how it ties in the N from Leni and R from Ru. Feels very cohesive.

Leni, Ru and Abel
Leni, Ru and Otto
Leni, Ru and Oscar
Leni, Ru and Arno

:bear::bear::bear:

1 Like

[name_m]Otto[/name_m]

3 Likes

[name_m]Otto[/name_m] is beyond charming :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I love [name_m]Otto[/name_m] - warm, lovely and charming!

[name_m]Abel[/name_m] is my next pick - gentle but strong, fun but cool. ‘Bel’ would be a cool, unisex nickname

I like [name_m]Arno[/name_m] too :slight_smile:

[name_m]Oscar[/name_m] is love but less sparkly than your girls. I do like the potential nn [name_u]Ozzy[/name_u] though

1 Like

[name_m]Otto[/name_m] or [name_m]Abel[/name_m] with [name_f]Leni[/name_f] and Ru

1 Like

I love [name_m]Abel[/name_m] :apple:

I think [name_m]Abel[/name_m] is so handsome a lovely biblical choice that would link back to your Jewish roots. [name_f]My[/name_f] second choice would be [name_m]Otto[/name_m] he’s adorable and feels very stylish with your girls.

1 Like

otto is perfectly precious with leni and ru! so incredibly lovely!

2 Likes

[name_u]Ozzy[/name_u] is cute, that’s a good point and gives it an extra point, but I do agree that it’s a little less special compared to the others :slight_smile:

I’m completely bias because my nephew is [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] and I am completely obsessed! He is turning 9 and is a spitfire! He’s such a sweet boy, but loves chaos and havoc . I only know 2 Oscar’s so I don’t think it’s overly popular

[name_f]My[/name_f] next favourite for you is [name_m]Otto[/name_m]. I think it works with the girls names ! If I were to suggest a middle it would be [name_m]Abner[/name_m]. I think [name_m]Abner[/name_m] combines all the names you love , into One !

1 Like

I like your whole list tbh! If I had to pick one, it would be [name_m]Abel[/name_m] :heartbeat:

1 Like

I like [name_m]Otto[/name_m] and [name_m]Abel[/name_m] the best. Both sound good with sister names, but [name_m]Abel[/name_m] is much more gentle and serene, and [name_m]Otto[/name_m] is a little bit more energetic and fun. I guess it depends on what kind of baby he is??

I’ll also suggest [name_u]Arrow[/name_u] instead of [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] or [name_m]Arno[/name_m].

1 Like

I love [name_m]Abel[/name_m] with your daughters’ names! I don’t think I would personally think to call an [name_m]Abel[/name_m] ‘Abe’ – I associate [name_m]Abe[/name_m] more with [name_m]Abraham[/name_m].

1 Like

I love [name_m]Abel[/name_m] and [name_m]Otto[/name_m] with your daughters’ names.

1 Like

I like [name_m]Otto[/name_m] the most! Followed by [name_m]Abel[/name_m].

I don’t love [name_m]Oscar[/name_m], but that’s just personal preference. I don’t have a great reason. It sort of reminds me of Nascar though.

I like [name_u]Arlo[/name_u], but not [name_m]Arno[/name_m]. It reminds me of Inferno.

All in all, I think y’all should use one of your two favorite names! I don’t think [name_m]Abel[/name_m] will be called [name_m]Abe[/name_m] super often (except for in sports) unless he someday wants to be called [name_m]Abe[/name_m], in which case that should be his choice anyway :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

[name_f]Leni[/name_f], Ru, and [name_m]Otto[/name_m] sounds like the best set to me.

1 Like

I can’t choose one–I love [name_m]Abel[/name_m], [name_m]Oscar[/name_m], & [name_m]Otto[/name_m] equally for your set. Don’t love [name_m]Arno[/name_m] for the reasons you mentioned, and it still seems really close to your husband’s boss’s kid’s name.

1 Like

[name_m]Abel[/name_m] is my favorite! It sounds and looks beautiful with your kids’ names. However, if you don’t like [name_m]Abe[/name_m], I’m not sure if it is the perfect name for you. [name_m]Abel[/name_m] is short enough to go by itself, I would not use a nickname for it, but perhaps some people would.
[name_m]Otto[/name_m] is a great option as well! Short, with no nicknames, traditional but unusual like Ru and [name_f]Leni[/name_f]. It is a strong, charming, distinct name!
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m] is a another traditional but very underused choice! I have only known one [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] until now. I don’t think it is mainstream at all. That may vary of course, depending where you live. As far as I know, it is popular in the UK, [name_u]Ireland[/name_u], [name_u]Germany[/name_u], [name_u]New[/name_u] [name_u]Zealand[/name_u] and the Scandinavian countries.
I’m not a fan of [name_m]Arno[/name_m]. I like the suggestion of [name_u]Arrow[/name_u] but it is too similar to Ru, unfortunately.

Today my vote goes to [name_m]Otto[/name_m]! [name_m]Otto[/name_m] [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] would be nice.

1 Like

[name_m]Otto[/name_m] is definitely my fave! Goes so well with [name_f]Leni[/name_f] and [name_f]Ru[/name_f]. I agree with [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] being too mainstream.

1 Like