Walker...Wyatt...Ames?

[name]Hi[/name] Nameberriers!

I have a question for you all. My husband and I just found out that we’re expecting a baby in early [name]January[/name] 2012. Obviously, we don’t know the gender of the baby yet. We are, however, talking a lot about names!

For a girl, we really like [name]Anna[/name]. And that’s about the only name we can agree one. We love [name]Hazel[/name], but it doesn’t work with our surname.

For a boy, we like [name]Walker[/name] and [name]Wyatt[/name] a lot. But there’s a third option that came a bit out of left field. We recently stayed at the Ames Hotel in [name]Boston[/name]. And we jokingly said: “what about Ames”? But we both actually really like it.

Last piece of info: our last name is [name]Ellis[/name].

Thoughts? Is Ames cool and masculine while still being artsy and sensitive? Or is it just pretentious?

Thanks,
[name]Rebecca[/name]

Congratulations!

For a girl, I love [name]Anna[/name], but I think it slurs too much with your last name. Here are some similar names:

[name]Jane[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Rachel[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name]

For a boy, I like [name]Walker[/name] from your list. My great-grandfather’s name was actually [name]Charles[/name] [name]Walker[/name]. Some similar names are:

[name]Walter[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]James[/name] <- there’s your Ames!
Jacob
Jonathan
Joshua
Matthew
Stephen

Any of these that you like?