Wanted: Eccentric and Long Name w/ Girly Nickname!

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Persephone[/name]! I’m in the same boat though, I don’t think I could use it!
I really like the suggestion of [name]Seraphine[/name] or [name]Seraphina[/name] with the n.n. [name]Fifi[/name]. I think [name]Fifi[/name] is very close in sound to [name]Effie[/name].
You could also use [name]Delphina[/name] to get [name]Fifi[/name].
Other suggestions (sorry if repeats)
[name]Magnolia[/name] “[name]Nola[/name]”
[name]Lavinia[/name] “[name]Vivi[/name]”
[name]Ramona[/name] “[name]Romy[/name]”
[name]Severina[/name] “RiRi”
[name]Marigold[/name] “[name]Goldie[/name]”
[name]Tallulah[/name] “[name]Lilou[/name]”

I think [name]Persephone[/name] is a beautiful name and I would definitely use it, if only I could convince my husband!

[name]Gwendolyn[/name] is also beautiful. I’m not sure I like it with mn [name]Violet[/name], here are my votes:

[name]Gwendolyn[/name] (nn [name]Gwenny[/name], [name]Gwen[/name], [name]Dolly[/name]) with mn [name]Pearl[/name], [name]Harper[/name], [name]Rose[/name], [name]Alice[/name] or even [name]Mae[/name].

But if you’re feeling [name]Persephone[/name], go for it! I love the nn [name]Effie[/name]. Good luck!! :slight_smile:

Sorry about repeats! (:
[name]Minerva[/name] nn [name]Minnie[/name]
[name]Cassiopeia[/name] nn [name]Cassie[/name]
[name]Ariadne[/name] nn [name]Ari[/name] or [name]Addie[/name]
[name]Atlanta[/name] nn [name]Attie[/name] or [name]Lannie[/name]
[name]Calliope[/name] nn [name]Callie[/name]
Lachesis nn Lachi
[name]Penelope[/name] nn [name]Penny[/name]
[name]Persephone[/name] nn [name]Percy[/name] or Seffie
[name]Anastasia[/name] nn [name]Stacy[/name] or [name]Annie[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]- is girly anyway and sounds like a nn but is long-ish… and same with [name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Savannah[/name] nn Savi
[name]Adalaide[/name] nn Lady
[name]Jemima[/name] nn [name]Jem[/name] or [name]Emme[/name]
[name]Rosana[/name] nn [name]Rosie[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name] nn [name]Nikki[/name]
[name]Adalia[/name] nn [name]Addie[/name] or [name]Day[/name] or [name]Leah[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] nn [name]Corie[/name]
[name]Annora[/name] nn [name]Nora[/name] or [name]Annie[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name] nn [name]Jenny[/name]
[name]Ambrosia[/name] nn [name]Rosie[/name]
[name]Avalon[/name] nn [name]Lonnie[/name]
[name]Eliora[/name] nn [name]Lori[/name]
[name]Lyndsey[/name] nn [name]Indie[/name]
[name]Cassandra[/name] nn [name]Cassie[/name] or [name]Sandy[/name] or Sassy
[name]Arcadia[/name] nn [name]Catie[/name]
[name]Geneva[/name] nn [name]Jenny[/name]
[name]Mercedes[/name] nn [name]Sadie[/name] or [name]Marcie[/name]
Adasia nn [name]Daisy[/name] or [name]Asia[/name]
[name]Yanina[/name] nn [name]Nina[/name] or [name]Yanni[/name]
[name]Elenor[/name] nn [name]Ellie[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] nn [name]Tilly[/name]
[name]Aviva[/name] nn [name]Avi[/name]
[name]Camille[/name] nn [name]Milly[/name] or [name]Cammie[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name] nn Lissy or [name]Ellie[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name] nn [name]Evie[/name] or [name]Angie[/name] or [name]Angel[/name]
[name]Melissa[/name] nn Lissy or [name]Missy[/name] or [name]Meli[/name]
[name]Patricia[/name] nn [name]Patty[/name] or [name]Trish[/name]
[name]Justine[/name] nn [name]Sussie[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name] nn [name]Tabbi[/name]
[name]Theodora[/name] nn [name]Teddy[/name], [name]Dora[/name], or [name]Dory[/name]
So I hope you like a few of these!!!

Oh! and how about Pony as a nickname for [name]Penelope[/name]?

Pony, how cute!

I don’t think [name]Persephone[/name] is too out there at all! It’s a lovely name for a child as well as an adult, has a great imagine and a great sound. It it were my favorite I would definitely use it, and [name]Effie[/name] is great for [name]Persephone[/name].

I thought of:

[name]Andromeda[/name] ‘[name]Andra[/name]’ ‘Andye’ ‘[name]Meda[/name]’ ‘[name]Romy[/name]’
[name]Alejandra[/name] ‘Ale’ ‘[name]Andra[/name]’ ‘Aleja’
[name]Delilah[/name] ‘[name]Didi[/name]’ ‘[name]Delia[/name]’ ‘[name]Lilah[/name]’ ‘[name]Lily[/name]’
Fionnoula ‘[name]Fiona[/name]’ ‘Fion’ ‘[name]Noula[/name]’ ‘[name]Fia[/name]’ ‘[name]Fee[/name]’
[name]Natalia[/name] ‘[name]Nat[/name]’ "[name]Natty[/name]’ ‘[name]Talia[/name]’ ‘lia’ ‘[name]Tally[/name]’

[name]Caledonia[/name] nn [name]Cally[/name]
Cassiopea nn [name]Cassi[/name]
[name]Magdalena[/name] nn [name]Magda[/name]
[name]Petula[/name] nn [name]Pet[/name]
[name]Araminta[/name] nn [name]Minty[/name]
[name]Ernestina[/name] nn [name]Tina[/name]
Gladioli nn [name]Glad[/name]
[name]Dorothea[/name] nn [name]Thea[/name]
[name]Louvenia[/name] nn [name]Lou[/name]
Carrington nn [name]Carrie[/name]

I totally agree, [name]Persephone[/name] [name]Violet[/name] is killer!
The pps have done a wonderful job with all the suggestions, I can only think to add [name]Beatrix[/name] nn [name]Bea[/name]/Beazy. I still think you should go for [name]Persephone[/name] to get the nickname [name]Effie[/name] though!

My daughter’s name is [name]Susannah[/name], and we call her [name]Sunny[/name]. Not sure if [name]Susannah[/name] is eccentric enough for you, though, but [name]Sunny[/name] is the most adorable nickname for a little girl I’ve ever heard, of course being totally objective :wink:

[name]Peregrine[/name] nn [name]Birdie[/name]

First of all, I have to say that I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Persephone[/name] [name]Violet[/name] and I would choose it myself if the hubs weren’t opposed. I think the ship has sailed on it being too greek mythology and it totally works.

But I do have a spunky nickname idea for you that could work if you decide against [name]Persephone[/name]. Lately I’ve been playing with the nn Jelly. I think it’d be so cute for a little girl (maybe not so much for a teenager, though) and I’ve never met anyone who uses it. It also works as a fun twist on the “elle/ellie” trend. It just sounds like the main character of a children’s book to me.

Jelly would work with all the [name]Julie[/name]/[name]Julia[/name]/[name]Juliette[/name] variations, [name]Giselle[/name], [name]Joelle[/name], [name]Jewel[/name], Jessabelle, [name]Giuliana[/name], etc. [name]Just[/name] a thought.

^^My cousin is [name]Evangeline[/name], with the nickname Gellie

Cute!!

[name]Evangeline[/name] is my favourite long eccentric name, with [name]Evvie[/name], [name]Evie[/name], or [name]Eve[/name] as then nickname. I also like [name]Anastasia[/name] quite a lot, and you can always call her [name]Anna[/name] or [name]Stasia[/name] as a girly nickname.
TTFN! :smiley: