Water Names!

I’m writing a book that is centred around a big group of mermaids, and I need some water/ocean related names for both boys and girls. A few in the realm of the obvious is fine, (the obvious being something like [name]Pearl[/name] or [name]Oceane[/name]), but I would also love some names that maybe mean water in another language or something like that.
I really appreciate the help!
Thanks Berries! TTFN! :smiley:

Oooo! I adore mermaids! Have you seen The [name]Little[/name] Mermaid? You could sneak in names from there:
[name]Ariel[/name] (I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] this name!!!)
[name]Athena[/name] ([name]Ariel[/name]'s passed mom and Greek goddess of wisdom, among other things)
Attina (One of [name]Ariel[/name]'s sisters)
[name]Arista[/name] (")
[name]Alana[/name] (")
[name]Andrina[/name] (")
Aquatta (")
[name]Adella[/name] (")
Triton ([name]Ariel[/name]'s father)
[name]Sebastian[/name] (The crab)
[name]Eric[/name] ([name]Ariel[/name]'s husband)
[name]Melody[/name] ([name]Ariel[/name] & [name]Eric[/name]'s daughter)
[name]Ursula[/name] (Gasp! The sea witch!)
[name]Marina[/name] (the prequel’s villain)
Atlantica (the undersea kingdom [name]Ariel[/name] lived in)

Off the subject of a Disney movie I’m obsessed with…
[name]Poseidon[/name]/[name]Neptune[/name] (The Greek/[name]Roman[/name] god of the sea. If you want to be funny to those of us who like mythology, make him [name]Athena[/name]'s boyfriend)
[name]Pacifica[/name] (it means calm and relates to the [name]Pacific[/name] [name]Ocean[/name])
[name]Aqua[/name]
Agua (Spanish for water)
[name]Bay[/name]
[name]Brook[/name]/[name]Brooke[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] nn [name]Cora[/name]/[name]Delia[/name]
[name]Harbor[/name]
[name]Hudson[/name] (a river)
[name]Jordan[/name]/[name]Jordyn[/name]
[name]Misty[/name]
[name]Rainey[/name]
[name]Rio[/name] (Spanish for river, and who doesn’t love that song?)
[name]Thames[/name] (a river)
[name]Wade[/name]

[name]Hi[/name], me again. I just thought of some more names. One is from the movie Splash where a mermaid saves a guy who has trouble saying “I love you” and finally says it to her. Her name’s [name]Madison[/name], er, sorta. She takes the name from a street sign in New [name]York[/name].
Here are some other names that I failed to mention:
[name]Sandra[/name] nn [name]Sandy[/name]
[name]Shelley[/name]/[name]Shelby[/name]/[name]Shella[/name]/[name]Sheila[/name]
[name]Lago[/name] (Spanish for lake)
[name]Mar[/name] (Spanish for sea)
[name]Ola[/name] (I think it’s Spanish for wave, and it sound like hola, which I find funny)
[name]Sirena[/name] (Spanish for mermaid (I’m Hispanic, can ya tell?))
Flow/[name]Flo[/name]
[name]Nemo[/name] (from Finding [name]Nemo[/name])
[name]Coral[/name]
[name]Aquarius[/name] (I know it’s an astrological sign, but I’m fairly certain it means water bearer)
Amphitrite ([name]Poseidon[/name]'s wife)
[name]Percy[/name] (from [name]Percy[/name] [name]Jackson[/name] & the Olympions, a son of [name]Poseidon[/name])

Holy… thank you so much! That’s a LOT of names! I like [name]Pacifica[/name], [name]Rio[/name] and [name]Marina[/name] a lot, and I may take [name]Poseidon[/name] and shorten it to [name]Posy[/name] on a girl.
Thanks again! Anything else anyone else has would be great to, as I always tend to overboard with characters and end up with a million of them!
TTFN! :smiley:

Hmmm, let’s see (some of these may have been said already):

[name]Oceane[/name]
[name]Oceania[/name]
[name]Oceana[/name]
[name]Jewel[/name]
[name]Crystal[/name]
[name]Lola[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Coral[/name]
[name]Coralia[/name]
[name]Ariel[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Sapphire[/name]
[name]Azure[/name]
[name]Azura[/name]
[name]Jade[/name]
[name]Opal[/name]
[name]Valentina[/name]
[name]Celestia[/name]
[name]River[/name]
[name]Aqua[/name]
Aquamarine
[name]Marine[/name]
[name]Marina[/name]
[name]Luna[/name]
[name]Turquoise[/name]
[name]Bella[/name]
[name]Neptune[/name]
[name]Misty[/name]
[name]Indigo[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Willow[/name]
[name]Marguerite[/name] (gorgeous French variation of [name]Margaret[/name]—it means pearl)

I hope this helps you! Good luck with your book! :slight_smile:

I think Posideon should be a boy, and for one of the other girls, call her [name]Shelley[/name], like [name]Mary[/name] [name]Shelley[/name]. Also, maybe you can have a girl named Aquamarine nn [name]Aqua[/name], and that is my gemstone by the way, as I was born in [name]March[/name]. [name]Do[/name] NOT do Cancer. I know it’s an astrological sign, but it’s also a disease. You can also do Broooke for a girl, and [name]River[/name] for a boy or a girl. I like the name [name]Percy[/name], as he was a son of Posideon, and maybe you can have him date the main girl, or be related to her. You can also have him be a neighor of hers, depending on the age.

The first obvious but not completely in your face water names I thought of right away were [name]Brooke[/name], [name]Marina[/name] and [name]Waverly[/name].
[name]Jenna[/name] means white wave so that could be something less obvious but still connected, maybe a bit vague though.
Have you thought of researching some famous ships names, they were usually named after women, I mean maybe mermaids saw these sunken ships and named their children after them, I don’t know it was just a thought that popped into my head

[name]Nerys[/name] or [name]Nerissa[/name]? They don’t technically mean anything to do with the sea but they remind me of [name]Nereida[/name] which means ‘sea nymph’ I think.

[name]Dylan[/name] means “son of the sea” – I like it better on a boy.
[name]Cerulean[/name] – Maybe names like this that’s a kind of blue, since the sea is blue?
[name]Blue[/name]
[name]Teal[/name]

I immediately thought of [name]Cascade[/name]. And [name]Coralie[/name]. I have something going on with those C names today! :slight_smile: