Ways to get to Annie?

Loving the nickname [name_f]Annie[/name_f] lately but it’s not enough as a full name for me. What are some interesting ways to get to [name_f]Annie[/name_f]?

My favorite of the [name_f]Ann[/name_f]'s has always been [name_f]Annaliese[/name_f]. If I have another daughter, that will be in the top 5 first names in the running.
My Grandmother’s name was [name_f]Anna[/name_f] and her nn was [name_f]Annie[/name_f]. I do love [name_f]Anna[/name_f].

Some others might be [name_f]Annalee[/name_f], [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f], [name_f]Anise[/name_f], [name_f]Anais[/name_f], or [name_f]Anya[/name_f]. All very lovely!

My daughter [name_f]Anne[/name_f] is called [name_f]Annie[/name_f] usually and while [name_f]Anne[/name_f] might not meet the definition of unusual, I have yet to meet another child with the name and it is barely in the top 600 on the ssa list. There are many great ways to get to [name_f]Annie[/name_f] and I’m sure you’ve thought of many of them. [name_m]Just[/name_m] wanted to put in a word for the obvious way and mention that it is a more surprising choice for a child than is assumed.

Another route you could go:

[name_f]Susannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Joanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Julianna[/name_f]
[name_f]Roxanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Miranda[/name_f]

I think -anthe names work quite well for nn [name_f]Annie[/name_f].
[name_f]Evanthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Xanthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Ianthe[/name_f]
Melanthe
[name_f]Iolanthe[/name_f] (etc.)

And maybe…
[name_f]Pandora[/name_f]
[name_f]Annora[/name_f]
[name_f]Morgana[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgiana[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] / [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Andromeda[/name_f]
[name_f]Roxanne[/name_f]
[name_f]Joanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Constance[/name_f]
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]

A few that haven’t been suggested already: [name_f]Annika[/name_f], [name_f]Anka[/name_f], [name_f]Annemarie[/name_f], [name_f]Anemone[/name_f], [name_f]Christiana[/name_f], [name_f]Liana[/name_f], [name_f]Anita[/name_f]

[name_f]Anna[/name_f], [name_f]Anya[/name_f], [name_f]Annelise[/name_f], [name_f]Bethany[/name_f], [name_f]Anouk[/name_f], [name_f]Annabeth[/name_f], [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f], [name_f]Nirvana[/name_f], [name_f]Mariana[/name_f], [name_f]Juliana[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] nn [name_f]Annie[/name_f]!

What about [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] or [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f]?
Two of my favorite names :slight_smile:

[name_f]Annette[/name_f]
[name_f]Annalise[/name_f]