Ways to get to Lucy...

Hello everyone! =)

So here’s my dilemma…I’m absoloutely in love with [name]Lucy[/name], but only as a nickname.

I’ve visited the Nameberry page for [name]Lucy[/name], and none of the other forms jumped out at me. The only long form we’re fans of right now is [name]Lucinda[/name] (probably [name]Lucinda[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Jane[/name] to honor the grandmas), but we live in the American South and some people have made comments about [name]Lucinda[/name] being too “hickish”. WDYT?

[name]Just[/name] so you can get an idea of our style, here are some of our favorites:

GIRLS: [name]Jemima[/name], [name]Catherine[/name], [name]Abigail[/name], [name]Tabitha[/name], [name]Josephine[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name], [name]Clementine[/name], [name]Loretta[/name], [name]Matilda[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name], [name]Beatrice[/name], [name]Margaret[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name], [name]Penelope[/name] etc.
BOYS: [name]Henry[/name], [name]Paul[/name], [name]Vincent[/name], [name]John[/name], [name]Edward[/name], [name]Silas[/name], [name]William[/name], etc.

However, we’re pretty settled on [name]Lucy[/name] (or maybe [name]Jemima[/name]… =P) for [name]Baby[/name] #1, and we plan on having atleast 4 children with two middle names each, so we’ll have plenty of opprotunities to use those names.

Thank you so much!
[name]Sarah[/name]

PS - Oh yes, and our last name is Whitt. =)

What about [name]Louise[/name] or [name]Louisa[/name]? You might even be able to get away with [name]Eloise[/name]. I think [name]Lucasta[/name] is a pretty cool name as well, though I’m not sure it fits with your style. I take it names like [name]Lucette[/name] and [name]Lucille[/name] are out? I suppose [name]Lucette[/name] doesn’t work so well with your surname. I vote for [name]Louisa[/name]. [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is lovely :slight_smile:

What about:

[name]Lucia[/name]
[name]Lucille[/name]
[name]Lucasta[/name]
[name]Luciana[/name]
[name]Lucilla[/name]
[name]Lucette[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Luella[/name]

You could also do something like [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] or [name]Luella[/name] [name]Celine[/name]- [name]Lu[/name] C.

Yes I definitely agree with Irisrose. All of her suggestions could have [name]Lucy[/name] as a nickname.

I have just one to add to Irisrose’s wonderful list:

Lucietta

I used to read V.C. Andrews novels when I was younger (lol) and I was always intrigued by some of the names she used. In My Sweet [name]Audrina[/name] (possibly the inspiration source for [name]Audrina[/name] Partridge’s mom) one of the characters is Lucietta. I haven’t really seen it anywhere else though. I don’t know about it fitting with your style, but it’s another option.

[name]Lucy[/name] is so cute! Maybe [name]Louisa[/name] or [name]Lucia[/name]?

What about [name]Lucina[/name]? pronounced loo-SEEN-uh