ways to get to Sunny?

Names that would beget the nn [name_u]Sunny[/name_u] for a girl? Hypothetical. I love [name_u]Sunny[/name_u] but even I wouldn’t’t put it on a birth certificate (usually I’m for just using the name on the birth certificate your actually to call the child instead of nn’ s).

Sunita, [name_f]Sunniva[/name_f], [name_f]Susannah[/name_f]?

You could use a name with a happy ‘sunny’ meaning. Like [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]/[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], [name_f]Leda[/name_f], [name_u]Hilary[/name_u], [name_f]Ilaria[/name_f] etc. Or if she’s just really happy and smiley you could just call her [name_u]Sunny[/name_u] as a pet name.

The closest formal names that could easily shorted to [name_u]Sunny[/name_u] might be in the [name_f]Susan[/name_f], [name_f]Suzanne[/name_f], [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] family. (Or you could go more unusual, something like [name_f]Sunniva[/name_f]).

Or you could pick bright sounding ‘S’ names that bring to mind sunshine like [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] or [name_f]Summer[/name_f].

[name_f]Nicole[/name_f] Kidman named her daughter [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] and uses [name_u]Sunny[/name_u] as a nn. I love that.
Also [name_f]Santina[/name_f].

I hadn’t heard [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] nn [name_u]Sunny[/name_u]. So cute! I also love Sunflower nn [name_u]Sunny[/name_u].

I love [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] nn [name_u]Sunny[/name_u], but I don’t think it necessarily needs to be short for anything. You could just call her [name_u]Sunny[/name_u] because she’s your little ray of sunshine. :slight_smile:

I know someone who named her daughter [name_u]Sunnie[/name_u]. It’s not my thing… but her daughter is a teenager now and loves her name. Go figure.

Anyway, I’m such a big fan of word names and nature names I couldn’t help but suggest you give the pp idea of Sunflower a chance! :slight_smile:

I taught a high schooler named [name_u]Sunny[/name_u] - not as a nickname, it was just her name. Sweet, lovely girl!

I think [name_u]Sunny[/name_u] is a name that can be used as a nickname without having those sounds in the full name. There’s one toddler who I know- she’s called [name_u]Sunny[/name_u] by everyone but her name is actually [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f]. However, if you really wanted to have the sounds, [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] would be my suggestion.