Wdyt about...

Hey Berries

[name]Just[/name] wanted everyones opinions on some names. Suggestions for sisters for these names would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

[name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Agnes[/name]
[name]Julietta[/name]
[name]Mariana[/name]
[name]Magdalena[/name]
[name]Adah[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]

[name]Rosemary[/name]-Pretty and classic. Can’t go wrong.
[name]Agnes[/name]-[name]Don[/name]'t go there.
[name]Julietta[/name]-A pretty twist on a classic.
[name]Mariana[/name]-Ok.
[name]Magdalena[/name]- A little heavy for a kid. Same as [name]Madonna[/name].
[name]Adah[/name]- Not crazy about it.
[name]Aurora[/name]- Nice. And a little girl will appreciate the Sleeping Beauty connection.
[name]Evangeline[/name]- Nice too. Would you nickname [name]Evie[/name]?

You have fantastic taste!

[name]Rosemary[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this name. Beautiful.
[name]Agnes[/name] - This is one of my all time favorite names. I’d use it in a heartbeat if DH hadn’t vetoed it.
[name]Julietta[/name] - Pretty, but I prefer the simpler [name]Juliet[/name].
[name]Mariana[/name] - Also very pretty.
[name]Magdalena[/name] - So elegant. The nn [name]Maggie[/name] is adorable.
[name]Adah[/name] - I don’t love this as much as your other names, but its still nice.
[name]Aurora[/name] - I like this name in theory, but I find it difficult to say.
[name]Evangeline[/name] - Such a wonderful name. Great nn potential with [name]Evie[/name]. It always reminds me of [name]Louisiana[/name] (a great association [name]IMO[/name]).

[name]Rosemary[/name] – I like [name]Rosemary[/name] a lot. I think it’s really beautiful and classic.
[name]Agnes[/name] – Personally, I don’t see why so many people hate [name]Agnes[/name]. I think that it is beyond gorgeous, stern but not overly so, and I don’t see it as unfashionable whatsoever. A little [name]Agnes[/name] would be fabulous in the wave of Hayleys, McKenzies, and other trendy and made-up names.
[name]Julietta[/name] – This is lovely. I do tend to prefer [name]Juliet[/name]/[name]Juliette[/name] just in itself, but this is nice nonetheless.
[name]Mariana[/name] – Okay. I prefer [name]Marianne[/name]/ [name]Marian[/name].
[name]Magdalena[/name] – I think this is exceptionally beautiful.
[name]Adah[/name] – I love [name]Adah[/name]! I do like this spelling, but I’ve always preferred [name]Ada[/name] a little more…
[name]Aurora[/name] – It is very nice, but when I was little I had issues with the ‘roar’ part of it, and I still sometimes do today! xD It might just be my problem, though.
[name]Evangeline[/name] – It is nice enough, but I’m not religious so I’d never go there personally.

Thanks everyone! Forgot to add a name, [name]Marlena[/name]?

Spiderweb: Ditto, ditto, ditto about [name]Agnes[/name]. I love [name]Rosemary[/name] too, I think it’s beautiful but it would clash with the ln (kinda’ like [name]Mireille[/name]). I just like creating sib-sets in my head though. Like [name]Florence[/name], [name]Gwendolyn[/name], and [name]Aurora[/name] or [name]Alice[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name], and [name]Jane[/name] or [name]Susannah[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], and [name]Ramona[/name]! About [name]Juliet[/name], I like it too but it depends if I want to go with a latin style or not. If I did, a sib-set I like is [name]Paloma[/name], [name]Beatriz[/name], and [name]Julietta[/name]. Magadalena’s beautiful but sometimes I feel it’s too much. [name]Adah[/name], I prefer [name]Ada[/name] too. [name]Aurora[/name] ‘[name]Mireille[/name]’ ? :(. [name]Evangeline[/name], I’m not religious either I just think it’s so romantic and princessy sounding.

Ewaggenspack: Thank you so much. [name]Do[/name] you think you have a favorite or top 3 from the list? [name]Aurora[/name] can be a little difficult, I agree. I’m so glad you like [name]Agnes[/name] too, I thought everyone would hate it. Is it reay to come back? I would call [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Evie[/name], do you prefer the line or lean pron. at the end?

Michelle22: Ok you get [name]Julietta[/name], yes. Sometimes I think [name]Mariana[/name] is just Ok too and it would unpurposely honor granny and aunty. You really think Magadalena’s a little heavy? Yeah, Evagelines nn would be [name]Evie[/name]. If you don’t mind me asking, what is it about [name]Agnes[/name] that puts you off? Is it the [name]Ag[/name]?

[name]Rosemary[/name]: I really love [name]Rosemary[/name], and it’s probably my favorite on your list, but with a last name like [name]Mireille[/name]… probably not.

[name]Agnes[/name]: I think [name]Agnes[/name] is ready for a comeback. I think it’s a sweet name, and if you think about it, it actually does have a pretty sound-- kind of like [name]Alice[/name]. I also like [name]Ines[/name]…

[name]Julietta[/name]: I prefer [name]Juliet[/name], because [name]Julietta[/name] seems unnecessarily frilly.

[name]Mariana[/name]: I think it’s lovely!

[name]Magdalena[/name]: It’s pretty, but not a particular favorite of mine. I prefer [name]Maddalena[/name]-- something about the ‘gd’ part is kind of heavy. But that’s just me.

[name]Adah[/name]: This spelling seems really off, and I’d be inclined to pronounce it ‘a-DAH’. Probably my least favorite from your list.

[name]Aurora[/name]: It’s very princessy, but not necessarily in a bad way. I personally prefer [name]Aurelia[/name], but there’s nothing wrong with [name]Aurora[/name], other than the fact that it’s kind of hard to say.

[name]Evangeline[/name]: Too religious-sounding for me, but I definitely see the appeal and the nicknames are nice.

[name]Marlena[/name]: It’s nice, but doesn’t do anything for me.

My favorites are [name]Rosemary[/name], [name]Agnes[/name], and [name]Mariana[/name]. :slight_smile: Sisters could be:

[name]Allegra[/name]
[name]Elysia[/name]
[name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Clarissa[/name]
[name]Marina[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Theodora[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Diana[/name]
[name]Viola[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Sylvia[/name]
[name]Naomi[/name]
[name]Eve[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Zara[/name]

[name]Rosemary[/name] - Classic, elegant, and pretty. [name]Rosie[/name] for a vintage nickname, [name]Romy[/name] for something more spunky.
[name]Agnes[/name] - It’s not really an up-and-comer, but I like it. It could make a better middle name, but it might come back…
[name]Julietta[/name] - This is great! A vintage, elegant spin on the classic, romantic [name]Juliet[/name]. Great name!
[name]Mariana[/name] - Nothing excites me about this one, honestly. [name]Maria[/name], in classic form, is more my style.
[name]Magdalena[/name] - This is very sassy and elegant! I like [name]Magdalen[/name], too.
[name]Adah[/name] - I much, much, much prefer just [name]Ada[/name]. [name]Adah[/name] looks really off to me.
[name]Aurora[/name] - Pretty, ethereal name with a goddess-like image. [name]Aura[/name] is a girlish nickname, whereas [name]Rory[/name] is more tomboy-chic.
[name]Evangeline[/name] - I love this, plain and simple! So sophisticated and feminine, yet strong and stylish.

My favorites are [name]Evangeline[/name] and [name]Julietta[/name]!

For sisters, I like [name]Adeline[/name] and [name]Celia[/name] with [name]Rosemary[/name], [name]Edie[/name] and [name]Pauline[/name] with [name]Agnes[/name], [name]Eveline[/name] and [name]Phoebe[/name] with [name]Julietta[/name], [name]Isabel[/name] and [name]Flora[/name] with [name]Mariana[/name], [name]Simona[/name] and [name]Natalia[/name] with [name]Magdalena[/name], [name]Georgia[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] with [name]Ada[/name], [name]Jessamine[/name] and [name]Isolde[/name] with [name]Aurora[/name], and [name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Mirabelle[/name] with [name]Evangeline[/name].

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Irisrose: Thanks so much for your opinions and suggestions. I like [name]Ada[/name] better too, I just wanted to see what everyone thought. A couple of your suggestions are already on my list ( [name]Jessamine[/name], [name]Marina[/name], [name]Camille[/name] etc).

[name]Lemon[/name]:Thanks, I’m glad you liked [name]Julietta[/name]! Wdyt of [name]Paloma[/name], [name]Beatriz[/name] & [name]Julietta[/name] as sisters? [name]Magdalena[/name] and [name]Evangeline[/name] are also some of my fave but sometimes I wonder if they’re too much name. [name]Magdalena[/name] '[name]Mireille[/name]", [name]Evangeline[/name] ‘[name]Mireille[/name]’?

[name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Agnes[/name]
[name]Julietta[/name]
[name]Mariana[/name]
[name]Magdalena[/name]
[name]Adah[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]

bedhead

[name]Rosemary[/name] – I think it is seen as classic. To me it is an old lady name because I have several friends with this name! (And we are all old ladies together!) I think it is pretty enough, but I can’t imagine it on a child. I’m sure after I’ve met a few Rosemarys under 5 – even under 50! – I will come to see its good side.

[name]Agnes[/name] – I’m not ready. Others might be. Others seem to be. I agree with [name]Lemon[/name]. Maybe in the middle?
[name]Julietta[/name] – I [name]LOVE[/name] THIS! Yes, it is frilly. Yes, it is girly-girl. Is that a bad thing?
[name]Mariana[/name] – It’s fine. I just can’t get excited about it. It has [name]Austen[/name] roots. It’s classic. It’s pretty. But there are more exciting choices for me. Maybe because it was such a standard in my childhood?
[name]Magdalena[/name] – I love this. Know very beautiful Polish twenty-something with this name. She goes by [name]Magda[/name], which is unusual, pretty, and just a touch exotic. To me, it is super-model name.
[name]Aurora[/name] – I like this name very much. It is just the right touch of princess, but can turn tomboy easily enough if that is the girl’s pleasure. [name]Rora[/name] is a darling nn. (I know an [name]Aurora[/name]/[name]Rora[/name]. She is adorable and bright as fireworks. She probably colors my perception of the name.)
[name]Adah[/name] – Not this spelling. [name]Ada[/name] is fine.
Evangaline – I like this over-the-top Southern confection! Cute nn possibilities.

Sisters?
[name]Adelaide[/name]/[name]Adelle[/name]
[name]Carolina[/name]/[name]Caro[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]/[name]Trixie[/name] (I’m not familiar with the ‘z’ ending and not sure I like it.)

If I were to choose a top 3, they would be:
[name]Agnes[/name] - I think this may get more popular, but not super popular. It will probably be more like [name]Edith[/name] than [name]Evelyn[/name].
[name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]

I typically pronounce [name]Evangeline[/name] with a -lean sound at the end. However, I believe the French pronunciation would have more of a -lyn or -lin sound. My mother once knew a woman who lived in [name]Louisiana[/name] who pronounced with the -lyn sound at the end. I don’t care for -line ending with this name.

I prefer [name]Mariana[/name] to [name]Marlena[/name].

[name]Rosemary[/name] ” one of my very own favourites (:
[name]Agnes[/name] ” this is okay. I don”t love the sound.
[name]Julietta[/name] ” beautiful.
[name]Mariana[/name] ” This is okay, quite pretty.
[name]Magdalena[/name] ” love it.
[name]Adah[/name] ” I love it without the h.
[name]Aurora[/name] ” I”m so-so on this.
[name]Evangeline[/name] ” Pretty (:

My top 3 are [name]Rosemary[/name], [name]Julietta[/name] and [name]Magdalena[/name].

[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Julietta[/name] or [name]Ada[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name] would be perfect!

[name]Paloma[/name] and [name]Beatriz[/name] both sound rather Spanish, so I’d be more inclined to put them with something like [name]Magdalen[/name] than [name]Julietta[/name]. I would actually put [name]Julietta[/name] with something more French, maybe like [name]Eloise[/name], or even [name]Evangeline[/name] - though it isn’t French at all!

[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Mireille[/name] is gorgeous!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Florence[/name], [name]Gwendolyn[/name], and [name]Aurora[/name] make a beautiful sibset, by the way! I do think that [name]Aurora[/name]'s a little out there with this one, but it’s still gorgeous and I wouldn’t change it. I love [name]Alice[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name], and [name]Jane[/name]. I love [name]Beatriz[/name] and [name]Paloma[/name], and I like them with [name]Julietta[/name].

As for [name]Marlena[/name], I’m not a huge fan. I like [name]Marlene[/name] for [name]Dietrich[/name] well enough, and I actually really love [name]Marla[/name], but… I’m not a big fan of [name]Marlena[/name].

Thank you [name]Bonnie[/name]. I totally agree with you on [name]Julietta[/name].
Thanks Kaybee for your commentary, appreciate it.
Thanks Spiderweb!

[name]Lemon[/name]: Thanks, I love [name]Magdalena[/name] too but like [name]Julietta[/name] a little more. Is [name]Paloma[/name], [name]Beatriz[/name], and [name]Julietta[/name] that bad? What would you use as a mn for [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Mireille[/name]?

No, [name]Paloma[/name], [name]Beatriz[/name], and [name]Julietta[/name] is not that bad! It just wouldn’t be my personal first choice. They are all amazing names, though! :slight_smile: [I also like [name]Paloma[/name] with [name]Evangeline[/name] - so elegant!]

Okay, a middle name for [name]Evangeline[/name] “[name]Mireille[/name]” might be:

[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Alla[/name] “[name]Mireille[/name]”
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Bijou[/name] “[name]Mireille[/name]”
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Calla[/name] “[name]Mireille[/name]”
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Elspeth[/name] “[name]Mireille[/name]”
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Frances[/name] “[name]Mireille[/name]”
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Gwyneth[/name] “[name]Mireille[/name]”
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Iris[/name] “[name]Mireille[/name]”
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Kira[/name] “[name]Mireille[/name]”
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] “[name]Mireille[/name]”
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Margaux[/name] “[name]Mireille[/name]”
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Opal[/name] “[name]Mireille[/name]”
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Prudence[/name] “[name]Mireille[/name]”
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] “[name]Mireille[/name]”
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Stella[/name] “[name]Mireille[/name]”

[name]Lemon[/name]

[name]Rosemary[/name]- I love this name, it”s one of my favorites that I can never use as I already have a favorite [name]Mary[/name] name and am using [name]Rose[/name] by itself. I would love to meet a little [name]Rosemary[/name]!
[name]Agnes[/name]- This name has never felt very pretty, and I wouldn”t enjoy having this be my name. I would also venture to guess that this is the majority opinion outside of NB. I think people don”t like how close to the hag sound it is, but I was born and bred in TX, so for me, [name]Aggie[/name]”s are college allum.
[name]Julietta[/name]- With all the [name]Julia[/name]”s and [name]Juliet[/name]”s running around I”ve been surprised this, my fav [name]Jule[/name] name, hasn”t caught on more, I love it!
[name]Mariana[/name]- [name]Marion[/name] is my favorite [name]Mary[/name] name, and I like this a lot, but I do think you would have to choose between [name]Rosemary[/name] and [name]Marianna[/name]. What about [name]Marina[/name]? I don”t think you would have to choose between [name]Rosemary[/name] and [name]Marina[/name], given the later has a ”mAR” sound vs the soft ”[name]Mare[/name]” sound of [name]Mary[/name].
[name]Magdalena[/name]- I really love this one and I think the nicknames are splendid, [name]Maggie[/name], [name]Dahlia[/name], [name]Lena[/name]!
[name]Adah[/name]- this is obscure, but it”s the Tolkein word for father. I promise I”m not a LOTR nerd, but I remember this word specifically because it reminded me of the Jewish [name]Abbah[/name], a word for Father.
[name]Aurora[/name]- I love this one so much. But I”ll never use a God or [name]Goddess[/name] name, so it”s out. I”ve considered naming my next doggie this though, I think it works well with [name]Claire[/name], my puppy”s name.
[name]Evangeline[/name]- I”ve loved this name since I was nine and still adore it. It”s high on my list and I hope it remains a NB fav, but that everyone else doesn”t catch on.
[name]Marlena[/name]- I knew a [name]Marlena[/name] and have always loved the name because of her, she was such a gentle heart!

For sisters:
[name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Augusta[/name]
[name]Azalea[/name]
[name]Blanche[/name]
[name]Calliope[/name]
[name]Carlotta[/name]
[name]Clarissa[/name]
[name]Cornelia[/name]
[name]Dorothea[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Eudora[/name]
[name]Eugenia[/name]
[name]Fanny[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Honora[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Juno[/name]
[name]Larissa[/name]
[name]Lavinia[/name]
Louelle
[name]Lucinda[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Mariah[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Olive[/name]
[name]Opal[/name]
[name]Paisley[/name]
[name]Pandora[/name]
[name]Patience[/name]
[name]Portia[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Roxanne[/name]
[name]Selena[/name]
[name]Seraphina[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Zora[/name]
And [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Mirielle[/name] IS gorgeous, why not use [name]Mirielle[/name] as the MN? [name]Both[/name] names are on my list, but not together.
Blessings,
[name]Bella[/name] <3

You have great taste :slight_smile:

[name]Rosemary[/name]-[name]LOVE[/name] this. I think that it is beautiful and elegant and works well on all ages. I have a little cousin called [name]Rosemary[/name] and she loves her name.
[name]Agnes[/name]-Usually, I’m all for reveving old names but the ‘stuck in the throat’ sound of [name]Agnes[/name] doesn’t appeal to me.
[name]Julietta[/name]-I prefer just [name]Juliet[/name] (I have a cousin called this too!) but [name]Julietta[/name] is very pretty.
[name]Mariana[/name]-I like this less than the others although it is nice. I don’t think it has the same flair.
[name]Magdalena[/name]-Beautiful!! Stunning in every way with cute nn options.
[name]Adah[/name]-I like [name]Ada[/name] but this spelling is not my style.
[name]Aurora[/name]-[name]Lovely[/name]. Cute and princessy but still elegant.
[name]Evangeline[/name]-[name]Love[/name] this too. Beautiful!

My favourites are:

[name]Rosemary[/name], [name]Magdalena[/name], [name]Aurora[/name] and [name]Evangeline[/name]. I don’t think I can pick an absoloute favourite, they’re all stunning! Maybe [name]Aurora[/name] but all of them are great. They would all go well as sisters together as well.

[name]Hope[/name] I helped,

[name]Ellie[/name]

Thank you [name]Bella[/name] & [name]Ellie[/name], your somments were very helpful. :slight_smile:
[name]Bella[/name], [name]Mireille[/name] is what the LN sounds like.
[name]Lemon[/name], your suggestions were great. I really like [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Iris[/name], [name]Lucy[/name], and [name]Margaux[/name].

So, this is what it’s come down to. [name]Love[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name], but [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Mireille[/name] is just sounds off to me with the back to back MR sound in both names so unfortunately, it’s out. If you’d like to convince me to save this please do. [name]Agnes[/name], I really like it but don’t love it enough that I feel obliged to use this, so I’m ok with crossing it out out. [name]Julietta[/name], still love, still in. [name]Mariana[/name], out but not entirely. [name]Magdalena[/name]'s still in. [name]Ada[/name], definitely [name]Ada[/name] but out. [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Mireille[/name] is to much r. [name]Evangeline[/name], of course she’s still in.

[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Julietta[/name]
[name]Magdalena[/name]

[name]Do[/name] these work together? Suggestions, middles?
[name]How[/name] do you pronounce Evangline? Evange-[name]LINE[/name], Evange-[name]LYN[/name], Evange-LEAN? [name]Favorite[/name] pron?

RE: [name]Julietta[/name]
[name]Etta[/name] is a darling nn. [name]Just[/name] saying.

I say [name]Evangeline[/name] as [ee-[name]VAN[/name]-jeh-LEEN], and I love [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] “[name]Mireille[/name].” I would use her alongside [name]Julietta[/name] - [name]Julietta[/name] [name]Margaux[/name] “[name]Mireille[/name]” is a favorite! - and I’d call them [name]Evie[/name] and [name]Jules[/name]. [name]Love[/name] it! [name]Magdalena[/name] could work, but I think I prefer something like Madalena [name]Simone[/name]…

[name]Lemon[/name]