WDYT? Comments please

I have fallen in loven with name [name]Elodie[/name] [name]Sabine[/name] for a girl and [name]Blaise[/name] [name]Nicholas[/name] for a boy.
I need and want comments. Much appreciated

I really like the name [name]Elodie[/name]. The only problem is I know 3 Melodys (weird since I don’t think it’s that common of a name.) So now I just see it as [name]Melody[/name] minus an M :frowning:

There is also the Rape of the [name]Sabine[/name] women. [name]Just[/name] thought I would mention it in case you didn’t know.

[name]Elodie[/name] [name]Sabine[/name] sounds cute, though if what [name]Devon[/name] mentioned worries you [name]Simone[/name] would make a nice alternative. I had considered [name]Elodie[/name] but it eventually came off the list for various reasons, you may want to check out this site: Nickelodeon Parents | Printables, coloring pages, recipes, crafts, and more from your child’s favorite Nickelodeon and Nick Jr. shows.

Under the ‘considering this name?’ tab there’s some great statistics and reviews posted by people with the name.

[name]Blaise[/name] isn’t really my style but if you like it then go for it.

Cheers!

I really like [name]Elodie[/name], although I don’t like how [name]Sabine[/name] sounds with it.
The name [name]Blaise[/name] isn’t one of my favourites, but I think it works with [name]Nicholas[/name].

Good luck :slight_smile:

I love [name]Elodie[/name] [name]Sabine[/name]!!!

[name]Don[/name]'t hate me if I steal it. My long-time favorite name is [name]Sabina[/name] but I don’t know if I like it as fn with my lastname, and I was just mulling over [name]Elodie[/name] last night as a good option! I don’t like [name]Melodie[/name]/y or [name]Eloise[/name], but [name]Elodie[/name] is really pretty yet spunky without being “old lady” or too trendy.

I’m not a fan of [name]Blaise[/name] as it makes me think “blase, passe, blah”. The spelling [name]Blaze[/name] doesn’t have that effect, but you may not like the Z.

On the Rape of the [name]Sabine[/name] women–If I am not mistaken the women stopped the war because their brothers and fathers would be killing their new husbands and sons in the ongoing battles. The strength of the women was much more important than the pillaging of the men for that bit of “history”.

Umm, I am not sure if I am terribly crazy about [name]Elodie[/name] personally. I do however like [name]Eloise[/name] a lot, just saw it in another post somewhere. It’s a very lovely name. And I think it gives the same effect you are looking for, both visually and sound wise overall.

As for [name]Sabine[/name], I guess the history behind that is up to you. [name]Sabrina[/name] could be another choice, although not sure if it too popular for you.

Other possible middle name options:

[name]Laina[/name] (I took it from [name]Elaina[/name])

[name]Azrael[/name] (Archangel, however it is the angel of death, but thats part of the life cycle, not bad per se. And is also traditionally a boy’s name, but I think could transition very well for a girl.)

Aglaia (Greek [name]Muse[/name]/[name]Goddess[/name] of Splendor Free Online English Pronunciation Dictionary | Howjsay I would pick the second way they pronounce it)

[name]Thalia[/name] (Another Greek [name]Muse[/name], a sister actually of Aglaia)

[name]Imogen[/name] (IM-eh-jen)

[name]Iris[/name] (I did not know this until now, but is a Greek [name]Goddess[/name] of [name]Rainbow[/name])

As for the boy’s name [name]Blaise[/name], I’m not crazy about that name either!! I’m sorry. :frowning: [name]Don[/name]'t know if meaning is important to you or not, but it means one who stutters. But the history behind it is pretty cool. Always loved [name]Merlin[/name]'s character!

Other boys names I like:

[name]Colin[/name] (BUT is a Diminutive of [name]NICHOLAS[/name])

[name]Sebastian[/name] (person from ancient city of [name]Sebastia[/name])

[name]Leon[/name] ([name]Lion[/name])

[name]Javier[/name] ([name]Bright[/name])

[name]Fabian[/name] (bean grower)

[name]Lars[/name] (from Laurentium)

[name]Thatcher[/name] (roof thatcher)

Anyways, those are just some ideas if interested! :slight_smile: But sounds like you have a good foundation.

I am not crazy about [name]Elodie[/name]. But it’s growing on me. [name]Dee[/name] is cute as a nn!

I love [name]Elodie[/name]! The combo of [name]Elodie[/name] [name]Sabine[/name] is kind of heavy, with the D and B sounds. What about [name]Elodie[/name] [name]Celine[/name] or [name]Elodie[/name] [name]Serena[/name]? [name]Blaise[/name] [name]Nicholas[/name] is nice, and flows well, though [name]Blaise[/name] isn’t really my style.

[name]Lovely[/name] names! :slight_smile: I particularly love [name]Elodie[/name]!