WDYT Corinne or Corinna???

See the results of this poll: Corinne or Corinna

Respondents: 16 (This poll is closed)

• Corinne : 6 (38%)
  • Corinna: 10 (63%)

I voted for [name]Corinna[/name], because I think it’s beautiful and sounds great with a last name having two syllables. (As an added bonus, I don’t see why would couldn’t call [name]Corinna[/name] “[name]Corinne[/name]” as a nickname.) :slight_smile:

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I like them both. What do you think of Corinthia? Depending on what your last name is i think this is a beautiful name with the same nn as [name]Corinne[/name] or [name]Corinna[/name].

Thanks for the input!
[name]Jill[/name], good point about being able to use the nn [name]Corinne[/name], as well as [name]Cora[/name] and [name]Cori[/name] for [name]Corinna[/name]. Had not thoight og that! :wink:
Albo, Corinthia is an interesting name. Can’t say as I’ve ever heard it.

Thanks again all!!!

I’m assuming you are pronouncing [name]Corinna[/name] as core-in-uh, which is not my favorite. I like [name]Corinne[/name] (core-in), but I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Corrina[/name] (spelled like this, pronounced core-een-uh).

Yes, I pronounce [name]Corinne[/name] (core-in) and [name]Corinna[/name] (core-in -a). I like both the core-in-a and the core-een-a pronunciation of [name]Corinna[/name]. I think most people when they see [name]Corinna[/name] would say core-in-a though. I think I prefer that pronunciation anyway. But I think they’re both really pretty!!! :wink:

I prefer [name]Coralie[/name] or [name]Coraline[/name] or [name]Cordelia[/name] nickname [name]Cora[/name] to both [name]Corinne[/name] and [name]Corinna[/name].

I picked [name]Corinna[/name], but I think they are both good. I pronounce either of them more with a KUH sound at the beginning, or a CO, not really CORE-in-ah, CORE-inn. I don’t know if that’s a problem to you, it’s just how I talk. I knew a [name]Corinn[/name] (no E on the end) in high school, Ko-RINN, and grew up across the street from a [name]Koreen[/name], CORE-EEN. I think other [name]Cora[/name] names are more CORE, like [name]Cordelia[/name], [name]Cora[/name], where the emphasis in [name]Corinne[/name] or [name]Corinna[/name] seems to be on the RINN(ah), the first syllable is somewhat less emphasized as CORE when I say them. It is somewhere between a real CO and sort of a lazy KUH, Caw? Kind of. Phonetics is hard!

I really like both of these names, but am partial to [name]Corinna[/name]. I would steer away from Corinthia - but I am old enough to remember [name]Ricardo[/name] Montalban (of [name]Fantasy[/name] Island fame) pitching Chryslers with interiors upholstered in “rich Corinthian leather,” a meaningless marketing phrase, but about as widespread as “please don’t squeeze the [name]Charmin[/name]” has to put one off [name]Charmaine[/name]. I also think it’s (as a name) likewise to the marketing usage, just full of extra stuff it doesn’t need - [name]Corinne[/name] and [name]Corinna[/name] are plenty pretty enough. If I were to like something about Corinthia, I would more likely just go for [name]Cynthia[/name] - a beautiful, but non-[name]Cora[/name]-related name. I am also starting to like [name]Cindy[/name] a lot! Neither here nor there. People like the nickname [name]Thea[/name], so there’s that about Corinthia, or [name]Cynthia[/name].

I prefer [name]Corinne[/name], but [name]Corinna[/name] would work better with your last name. I also love the nn [name]Rinna[/name].

Well, as a [name]Corine[/name] (Co-reen), I have to say that I love [name]Corinna[/name]! I don’t think it has the pronunciation problems of [name]Corinne[/name] and [name]Corine[/name], which gets a bit grating over time, let me tell you. :slight_smile: I’ve always loved my name, and go by [name]Cori[/name] with family (not my favorite, I much prefer [name]Cora[/name]”my namesake). Plus, there’s great mythology behind the name, with the name deriving from [name]Persephone[/name] ([name]Kore[/name] is her [name]Roman[/name] name, I believe), and the meaning, “maiden”, always made me feel extra special as a child since it’s so romantic!

I say go for [name]Corinna[/name]”it’s rarely heard and beautiful!