WDYT - could Annie work as a nn for Diana/Diane?

Is that too much of a stretch? [name]Diane[/name] is a family name that we have been planning to use as a middle. [name]Just[/name] recently I got to thinking that since both my hubby and I like the name [name]Annie[/name] as a nn, maybe we could use [name]Diana[/name] or [name]Diane[/name] as a first name, but go by [name]Annie[/name]. What do you all think?

I think that works well. I prefer [name]Diana[/name] to [name]Diane[/name].

I think I prefer [name]Diana[/name] too - especially if we use it for the first name. [name]Just[/name] wasn’t sure if it worked as well with [name]Annie[/name] as a nn. Thanks for the input! :slight_smile:

I see them as too different names…but it could work for sure…
[name]Annie[/name] is adorable…

[name]Just[/name] currious… Are you saying that [name]Diane[/name] and [name]Diana[/name] are two different names, or [name]Diane[/name]/[name]Diana[/name] and [name]Annie[/name] are two different names?

I think it sounds like a great solution, plus [name]Diana[/name]/[name]Diane[/name] are beautiful names that will give your daughter great options later.

I like [name]Diana[/name] better than [name]Diane[/name]. I think as a nickname, [name]Anna[/name] is better than [name]Annie[/name] for [name]Diana[/name].

Definitely! I think [name]Diana[/name] nn [name]Annie[/name] is adorable!

I love [name]Diana[/name]! [name]Annie[/name] would be great as a nn

[name]Hi[/name]! I really love [name]Diana[/name], and think that [name]Annie[/name] is a wonderful nickname! (I also love [name]Annie[/name] as a nickname for [name]Susannah[/name]…)

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch at all. And [name]Annie[/name] seems like it comes just as well from [name]Diana[/name] as [name]Diane[/name]. I like both, but I think I prefer [name]Diana[/name] to [name]Diane[/name]. And [name]Annie[/name] is one of the best nicknames of all time, in my opinion. :slight_smile:

I want to thank each one of you who took the time to respond to my question, and share your thoughts! It was SO encouraging to hear that most of you think that [name]Annie[/name] is a great nn for either [name]Diane[/name] or [name]Diana[/name]. This just might be the solution to our name dilemma! :slight_smile:

THANKS SO MUCH!!! :slight_smile:

Yea! I’m glad you may have found a solution! I know I already posted, but I love [name]Annie[/name] for [name]Diana[/name]/[name]Diane[/name]. :slight_smile:

Good luck!