(WDYT) Florella?

I saw this name (Florella) written on the grave of a young lady who lived during the Victorian [name_f]Era[/name_f] and it caught my attention, I’ve been thinking of it ever since :joy:.

Since [name_f]Flora[/name_f] and [name_u]Florence[/name_u] are quite popular, do you think [name_f]Florella[/name_f] could get more recognition if more people heard of it? What’s your opinion on the name?

1 Like

it seems very frilly – more so than is popular right now. that’s not to say it couldn’t get popular, but I think we’ll see more use out of flora/florence at the moment.

1 Like

[name_f]Florella[/name_f] is pretty interesting and sweet but it reminds me a bit of a cleaning product for some reason though I can’t say why exactly

1 Like

It’s a bit frilly for me, but I definitely think it works as a name. I prefer the more traditional, streamlined Florence and Flora. I also quite like Florice (usually prn. FLOR-iss, but I’ve always said flor-EECE)!

1 Like

I don’t mind it, it just personally reminds me too much of chlorella. I like [name_f]Fiorella[/name_f] a bit more!

1 Like

It reminds me of some kind of botanical term? Like a part of a plant? Split into its component parts there’s no reason why it shouldn’t work, but it doesn’t for me for some reason. Prefer the more streamlined options.

1 Like