Wdyt of Addison?

Its DHs favorite and we’re ready to kill each other over names. We can’t agree on “anything.”. :frowning: Thanks!

I’m not really a fan of the name [name]Addison[/name]. It reminds me of a last-name-cum-first name, but it doesn’t have any feminine qualities. I know a lot of men who love this name, but most of the women I know aren’t so keen.

Good luck finding a name with DH - I know that story well! :slight_smile:

While I can appreciate the appeal of a lot of modern names on girls, I’ve personally never warmed up to [name]Addison[/name]. A lot of people love it, though.

I personally think it’s very trendy (and #12 in popularity), and it’s already fallen victim to yooneek spellings, such as Addysynne, [name]Adison[/name], [name]Addisyn[/name], etc. Another minus for me, is that I associate it with [name]Addison[/name]'s disease, an adrenal disease.

I honestly think it’s dated, and will forever mark your daughter as being born in the first decade of the 2000s.

You may also like:

[name]Arden[/name]
[name]Auden[/name]
[name]Bellamy[/name]
[name]Briar[/name]
[name]Connelly[/name]
[name]Carlin[/name]
[name]Delaney[/name]
[name]Darien[/name]
[name]Darby[/name]
[name]Emery[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name]
[name]Emerson[/name]
[name]Flannery[/name]
[name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Kirby[/name]
[name]Linden[/name]
[name]Marlo[/name]
[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Quincy[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Romilly[/name] (nn [name]Romy[/name])
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Reese[/name]
[name]Sutton[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Tierney[/name]
[name]Waverly[/name]
[name]Willoughby[/name]

[name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Adelia[/name]
[name]Adele[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I REALLY like [name]Addison[/name] but in my opinion it has become [name]WAY[/name] to popular. So me and dh found a alternitive is [name]Adelaide[/name] which i now love. I’m terrible at suggesting names, but everyone elses alternitives are great! Good [name]Luck[/name]!

I’m beyond popularity factors at this point. He doesn’t like [name]Adelaide[/name] or [name]Adeline[/name], both of which I’ve suggested. We picked [name]Isabella[/name] for our first DD and I haven’t run into any her age yet…they’re mostly older.

Sorry but I don’t like [name]Addison[/name] at all. It reminds me of the disease. [name]Isabella[/name] is such a pretty, feminine name. [name]Addison[/name] doesn’t compare imo. Does he like [name]Adela[/name]/ [name]Adele[/name]/ [name]Adelia[/name]?

I’m not a fan of [name]Addison[/name] but a lot of people just love it. It sounds masculine to me because it ends in son, and it’s a name of a disease. I do like the nickname [name]Addie[/name] but would choose a more feminine name to get the nickname. [name]Adele[/name], [name]Adalia[/name], [name]Adina[/name] ,[name]Ada[/name], [name]Adia[/name]. Too bad he doesn’t like [name]Adelaide[/name] or [name]Adeline[/name].

I don’t like it. I think the nn of [name]Addy[/name] is adorable for a girl but there are plenty of full names that start off with [name]Ad[/name]-

[name]Adrienne[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Adele[/name]
[name]Adria[/name]… I have a dear friend here in [name]America[/name] that named her daughter this!

[name]Adriana[/name] would be a great choice, if he likes it. It goes with the other sibs, it’s Italian, it’s like [name]Addison[/name], but also a lot like [name]Luciana[/name] and [name]Juliana[/name], your other choices. I love [name]Adrian[/name], [name]Adrienne[/name], and [name]Adriana[/name]. [name]How[/name] can you miss? It’s somewhat ideal - unless you don’t really like it. I can understand not liking [name]Adeline[/name] or [name]Adelaide[/name] personally, but this one, [name]Adriana[/name], goes with other names you were considering. I know an [name]Adriana[/name], and she is Romanian, and pronounces it [name]Ah[/name]-drrree-ah-nah (there’s a trill I’m working on for the second syllable. I don’t think it’s crucial - most people call her [name]Ah[/name]-dree-ah-na, except one person keeps calling her Ay-dree-ah-na. I wouldn’t get too worked up. I love this name, and I think it is an ideal compromise between several names, as you seem at quite an impasse. This name just brings them all together in one sweet name. I hope you like it because I’m out of ideas.