WDYT of Andrew?

It’s been a long time coming (I used to hate [name_m]Andrew[/name_m]!), but it’s REALLY grown on me in the past year or so. I think it fits reasonably well with my other favorites, too (especially [name_m]Jack[/name_m], [name_m]Caleb[/name_m], and [name_m]Grant[/name_m]!). I had been considering it as a MN ([name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] or [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] [name_m]Andrew[/name_m]), but I’m starting to consider it as a FN, too. I never thought I’d like the classic [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] over the [name_m]German[/name_m] [name_m]Andreas[/name_m], which has entirely won my heart, but [name_m]Andreas[/name_m] seems a bit too romantic as a FN, and I’ve been considering the classic [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] instead. I am not sure I’d want to use a nn for it, though. I don’t like [name_u]Andy[/name_u] at all, and [name_u]Drew[/name_u] appeals to me only slightly more.

WDYT of [name_m]Andrew[/name_m]? What sort of combo would you make of it? I’m sort of thinking [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] or [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]…

Thanks, Berries!

I don’t make combos–and I probably won’t until I’m a married adult–but I love [name_m]Andrew[/name_m]! It’s a great classic. :slight_smile:

I like [name_m]Andrew[/name_m]; wouldn’t use it myself, but I love to see it used by other people. My friend has an 8 year old named Andr£w, who goes exclusively by Dr£w - it really suits him! I don’t know his middle name, but he has a brother named Blak£. I’m not good at combos, but I think you could get a little adventurous, to offset the classic [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] - I like your suggestion of [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]!

I’m just like you - I used to hate [name_m]Andrew[/name_m], but now it’s growing on me. I think it’s mostly because I love the nn [name_u]Drew[/name_u] so much. [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] is very classic and strong, and I feel it needs a more playful (?) middle to add personality. I love [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]!

Side note: I also love [name_m]Andreas[/name_m], and I love [name_u]Andrea[/name_u] even more. It’s just such a shame that it doesn’t work in most countries outside [name_f]Italy[/name_f].

[name_m]How[/name_m] could anyone hate [name_m]Andrew[/name_m]? I think it’s a perfect name. Classic, Biblical, historical, friendly…a name for any age.

[name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m]

[name_m]Andrew[/name_m] is a handsome, classic name.
Middle name ideas:
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_u]Vale[/name_u]
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_u]Blake[/name_u]
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_m]Elijah[/name_m]
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_u]Elias[/name_u]
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m]
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_m]Heath[/name_m]
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_m]Augustin[/name_m]
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_m]Augustus[/name_m]
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m]
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_u]Flynn[/name_u]
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_m]Amias[/name_m]

[name_m]Andrew[/name_m] is a great name. For whatever reason, I also used to not like the name haha but now my opinion on it has really turned around.

[name_m]Andrew[/name_m] is a name I’ve never particularly liked. Not that it isn’t bad in any way- I’ve just met so many Andrews it has become boring. Aside from that fact, however, it is a nice name. I can see just why it is so popular. Some combinations are [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_u]Elias[/name_u], [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_u]Elliott[/name_u].

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] and think its a great first and awesome middle! If. You both love it use it :slight_smile:

I like [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] a lot, though I am lukewarm towards [name_m]Andreas[/name_m], Andrej, [name_u]Andrea[/name_u]. This may be because I love [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_m]Garfield[/name_m], but still. I think [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] is incredibly handsome.

@boyandgirl - erm, I’m not sure? I adamantly hated it, lol. It was one of the top choices my parents had for me if I was a boy, and I was SO glad I was a girl, because I didn’t like [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] or [name_u]Michael[/name_u], and they had really liked [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]. le sigh.

@handsallover - erm, who doesn’t?! I was watching an old episode of [name_m]Doctor[/name_m] Who a couple weeks ago, and he was in it, and I was like, “Ohmygoodness!” lol. I don’t really maintain celebrity crushes/infatuations, but he is pretty. :slight_smile:

I think I’m going to leave [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] go for now. I like it, but I seem to only like it with [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] (or [name_m]Ben[/name_m]- variants?), and that seems to indicate, to me, anyway, that [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] isn’t really an enduring love yet. I might opt for [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] or [name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] or [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] for my list, but I don’t think I love [name_m]JUST[/name_m] [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] as much as I love the idea of [name_m]Ben[/name_m] and [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] as a cohesive unit.