WDYT of Arrow?

What do you think about the name for a girl? What do you see a girl named [name_m]Arrow[/name_m] being like?

It’s not my style personally

Not a fan of [name_m]Arrow[/name_m] on either gender but particularly dislike it for a girl. Sorry!

I’m not a huge fan of [name_m]Arrow[/name_m] for either sexes! I like the bohemian vibe, though. If you’re going for a boho name, I like [name_f]Melody[/name_f], [name_f]Florence[/name_f], [name_f]Signe[/name_f], [name_f]Briar[/name_f], [name_u]Remi[/name_u], and [name_f]Fern[/name_f] for girls.

I was hoping for more responses. Thank you to those who replied.

I’m not a huge fan of [name_m]Arrow[/name_m] for either sex, but I could see it being pulled off. [name_u]Ari[/name_u] as a nickname could make it more wearable for a girl who may not like such a sharp name. Perhaps it would be better as a middle name or even a nickname?

Using it for a girl hasn’t ever crossed my mind before. I imagine an independent, feisty, maybe tomboyish girl…it feels rough-and-tumble. Aero is on my boys gp list, and come to think of it, I imagine a female [name_m]Arrow[/name_m] to be the [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_f]Earhart[/name_f] type. It is becoming more common in the US though…75 female and 135 male [name_m]Arrow[/name_m] s on the latest SSA list, that’s 55% as many female as males, which I’m pretty sure meets NB’s official definition of unisex.

I don’t care for it as I think it’s one of those names that looks like you’re trying too hard to be different.

What name could it work as a nickname for?

The arrow motif is so popular right now for boys and girls and it almost comes off as a virtue name if you think about it. It represents love ([name_m]Cupid[/name_m]), aim/direction/flying straight and true/hitting the target/goal. There’s also a neat poem by [name_m]Khalil[/name_m] Gibran that talks about arrows and children.

^^^ Ditto this description. Wildly independent, fun-loving and adventurous. I don’t know how to describe it (sorry), but kind of like young [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] from Up.

I love [name_m]Arrow[/name_m] as a nickname for [name_u]Artemis[/name_u], but I can’t think of many other names, off the bat. Maybe [name_f]Sparrow[/name_f] and [name_f]Ivara[/name_f] (it means “archer”).

I think [name_m]Arrow[/name_m] is nice, but I do prefer [name_f]Sparrow[/name_f]. Maybe [name_f]Aeronwy[/name_f] or [name_f]Aeronwen[/name_f] as a long form?

I don’t like it for either sex. I can’t even picture a girl named [name_m]Arrow[/name_m], but I can picture someone who would give her that name. Not you personally…just sounds like a parent trying to be absurdly unique.