WDYT of Aubrey to Avri?

I’m not saying it’s unheard of, but a girl I work with was telling me about her girl and I thought she said [name]Aubrey[/name] but with a V…so I got to thinking with a mix up on spelling is the name [name]Avri[/name] cute?

I know names are getting spelled crazy these days…but this is just a little change… Let me know you thoughts on this

I’m thinking that [name]Avri[/name] may be mistaken for a yooneek spelling of [name]Avery[/name], with [name]Avri[/name] being pronounced [name]Ave[/name]-ree. Are you pronouncing it Awe-vree?

There’s a Hebrew name, [name]Ezri[/name], that you may like. You may also like [name]Aveline[/name].

Good luck!

It looks like [name]Avril[/name] to me, but I suppose [name]Avri[/name] could be a nickname for [name]Avril[/name]. I agree with [name]Jill[/name] that it looks like a misspelled [name]Avery[/name], which I personally don’t care for…

There is an American name, [name]Avari[/name], meaning “from the sky” - perhaps that was what your co-worker was referring to? I believe it is pronounced “ah-VAR-ee” …

Other names with a similar sound: [name]Aveline[/name], Aviya, [name]Avril[/name].

I actually misread it as [name]Avril[/name] in your post title. I would imagine she’d get a bit of that as well as ‘can you spell that for me’.

Could be [name]Avery[/name], I agree although my name is [name]Avril[/name] and it sometimes gets shortened to Av, [name]Avi[/name], [name]Avri[/name]!

I agree it seems more like a misspelling of [name]Avery[/name].

I think your name is beautiful, [name]Avril[/name]! :slight_smile:

Have a good night!

I think in theory [name]Avri[/name] is gorgeous! I agree, though, that the spelling-pronunciation connection could prove difficult. I’ve been playing with spellings, to see if there is another spelling that may be more straightforward. What do you think about:

Auvry
Avree
Avrie - I think this might be my favorite

If you do choose to go with it, I think it will make a lovely name for your daughter!

[name]Ty[/name] everyone, the spelling is not for [name]Avril[/name]… it sounded as (awe- vre)

I just liked it, but I do like the change up to Avrie

I don’t want it to be [name]Avery[/name] nothing against it, but I like that I heard the name differently… ANY more suggestions to make it sound/look more like what I’m talking about?

Oh goodness no. You’ve just opened the “Mackyenzie” pandora’s box on [name]Avery[/name]. The official name that everyone thinks is unique, but hasn’t been for 2-3 years, now has a alternative spelling. Um … no. No.

No.

Thanks [name]Jill[/name] hehe have to admit it took a while to grow on me!!

You’re welcome! :slight_smile: