WDYT of August?

Does it sound feminine or unisex to you? [name_u]August[/name_u] is a special month for me. Any combo ideas?

1 Like

I love [name_u]August[/name_u] for a girl! I would make her middle name more feminine, though.

August [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]

or something along those lines!

I love [name_u]August[/name_u], but it’s very masculine feeling to me personally. The only combo I’ve liked it in for a girl is @katkabet’s [name_f]Diana[/name_f] [name_u]August[/name_u]

Dulcie [name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_f]Miriam[/name_f] [name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] [name_u]August[/name_u]

August [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f]

1 Like

I definitely think it works for both genders!! [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] and [name_f]Augustina[/name_f] are also lovely. Although it’s getting slightly overused on boys (in my opinion) it’s unique and spunky for girls!!

1 Like

August strikes me as unisex. I like it for a girl

August [name_f]Liora[/name_f]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Emilia[/name_u]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_f]Leontine[/name_f]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_f]Marina[/name_f]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_f]Emily[/name_f]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_f]Paulina[/name_f]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_f]Georgina[/name_f]

1 Like

Month [name_u]August[/name_u] was called [name_u]August[/name_u] because of decree by [name_m]Roman[/name_m] Emperors

The [name_u]Julian[/name_u] reform did not immediately cause the names of any months to be changed. The old intercalary month was abolished and replaced with a single intercalary day at the same point (i.e., five days before the end of [name_u]February[/name_u]). [name_u]January[/name_u] continued to be the first month of the year.

The Romans later renamed months after [name_m]Julius[/name_m] [name_m]Caesar[/name_m] and [name_m]Augustus[/name_m], renaming Quintilis as “Iulius” ([name_u]July[/name_u])[3] in 44 BC and Sextilis as “[name_m]Augustus[/name_m]” ([name_u]August[/name_u]) in 8 BC. Quintilis was renamed to honour [name_m]Caesar[/name_m] because it was the month of his birth.[67] According to a senatus consultum quoted by Macrobius, Sextilis was renamed to honour [name_m]Augustus[/name_m] because several of the most significant events in his rise to power, culminating in the fall of [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f], occurred in that month.[68]

And no, eight month having name [name_u]August[/name_u], doesn’t make [name_u]August[/name_u] unisex. Quite opposite I would say.

2 Likes

Zara, [name_f]Emma[/name_f], [name_f]Emily[/name_f], [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]

Hi there.

August does sound more masculine to me, but I’m not horribly offended by it for a girl. It has a cool outdoorsy vibe. I’d pair it w/a feminine mn. How about…

August [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]

August [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f]

August [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]

August [name_f]Theodora[/name_f]

August [name_u]Willow[/name_u]

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

I love [name_u]August[/name_u] for a girl! I think it is so sweet and unique, without being too out there.

Middles I would use…

August [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]

August [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]

August [name_f]Luella[/name_f]

I currently have [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_u]August[/name_u] on my list, if I can suggest a name that I like with the middle name [name_u]August[/name_u]🙂

It sound unisex leaning very much masculine to me, I can see it on a girl though. It’s nice.

August [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Romilly[/name_u]

This is on my list!
Definitely prefer for girls, so fresh and interesting.
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_f]Bloom[/name_f]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_f]Emmanuelle[/name_f]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_f]Sarai[/name_f]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Blue[/name_u]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Bliss[/name_u]

I LOVE [name_u]August[/name_u] for a girl! Honestly, I feel it sounds more feminine than masculine and I am one to not particularly care for unisex names. Maybe it’s the soft A sound or the month gives a sunny vibe, I just love it for a girl. I agree with previous posters, a very classic middle name would be lovely.

1 Like

I may be in the minority but I prefer [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] for a girl. [name_u]August[/name_u] is all boy to me but I have never met a girl [name_u]August[/name_u]. I wouldn’t be surprised to meet one though

1 Like

Maybe this should go under the Hot Takes thread, but… I like [name_u]August[/name_u] better on a girl. It sounds so much more fresh! [name_u]August[/name_u] is almost overused on boys, and I very much prefer this to [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]. Classic middle names go well, as above posters said! I also like the flowery middle names. I second:
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_f]Bloom[/name_f]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_f]Moon[/name_f]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] (ooh, the flow on that!)
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_f]Elodie[/name_f]

August is very masculine to me since it was my grandpa’s name but I think it could work as a middle for a girl.

I love [name_u]August[/name_u] and thinks it totally works on a girl. I see it as unisex.

Love it!

The longer I think about any unisex name the better it sounds on a girl than a boy. I might just like girls better. Woops :woman_shrugging: