WDYT of Bluma?

Pronounced BLOO-mah, [name_f]Bluma[/name_f] means “flower” in Yiddish. WDYT of [name_f]Bluma[/name_f] for a little girl? [name_u]Sincere[/name_u] comments will be appreciated!

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Dislike, sorry. Gorgeous meaning though.

Sounds like bulimia

I really like the imagery and meaning and though I like the sound, something that I can’t quite put my finger on about the letter arrangement of the name bother’s me… (may not be helpful at all, but that was my initial thought)

It’s definitely not a bad name at all, and overall, I would say I actually quite like it.

I like it. But I also don’t find it wearable for a real person. I can see it being burdensome during adolescence for example.

I think the meaning is beautiful however generally the name isn’t pretty. There’s just something about it that I don’t think is attractive as a name.

I’m afraid I get the image of an expanding balloon or blimp from the word. It might be best as a middle as the meaning is lovely and the associated idea of blooming is positive.

I disagree — I think it’s pretty and distinctive! An obvious nature connection but not an English word name. I find it interesting and refreshing.

I prefer Bloom, [name_f]Flora[/name_f] or [name_f]Blossom[/name_f]

[name_u]Love[/name_u] the nickname it would have like “[name_f]Blume[/name_f]/Bloom”, but not loving the full name itself.

I like the meaning “flower”, but it has a pretty clunky sound so I’m not sure it’s really wearable. The “bl” sound and consonant-heavy names in general sound horribly old-fashioned these days, making it rather unappealing to the modern ear.

I agree, and [name_f]Bluma[/name_f] just looks “fat” to me.