WDYT of Clella?

I saw this name in a book I was reading. It was on the ss name lists in the following years:

Did not show up after 1900 in the top 1000 names. Does anyone have any thoughts on it? [name]Ever[/name] heard of it in your family trees, a book, etc? It reminds me a little of [name]Clemma[/name] which I think is cute (I am not a [name]Clementine[/name] fan -it isn’t my style).

No, I never heard of it before, but I did also notice it was similar to [name]Clemma[/name], a name I found in my family tree. The 1880 census says (my) [name]Clemma[/name] was a son, not a daughter, going to look into it further. I never heard of [name]Clemma[/name] before last week, now there’s also [name]Clella[/name]. Not sure I like either one, not a [name]Clementine[/name] fan myself, maybe go with [name]Clara[/name]. When I first opened this page, I thought the subject name was Ciella, like [name]Ciel[/name] (f), “sky” in French, or [name]Cielo[/name] (m), “sky” in Italian. [name]Just[/name] free-associating… I like Ciella, but it’s not listed as a name.

There was a professor at my university named [name]Clella[/name], and ever since I have loved this name. I think it is spunky, unique, fun with a touch of sophistication! If I could, i would use it on my own daughter! I think it would be a great name for a girl of any age!

I’m having difficulty saying it, seems like a bit of a tongue twister. But if it was on ss lists in the past then it must have had a pleasant appeal to many.

It feels like a combo of [name]Clea[/name] and [name]Ella[/name], and it was hard for me to say. I’ll practice saying it some more and see how it works out. :slight_smile:

Take care! :slight_smile:

I don’t think I would use it, but I kind of like it.

It is a little difficult to pn. I also thought that it was about a name Ciella - that u had just accidentally capitalized the i too. I like Ciella, but [name]Clella[/name] is nms.

I know a [name]Clella[/name] (the mother of a friend of mine) and I love her name!

I would be intrigued to encounter this name but find it a bit awkward, personally.