WDYT of Fern?

See the results of this poll: Which name do you like best?

Respondents: 76 (This poll is closed)

• Fern Marguerite : 57 (75%)
  • Fern Margarite : 5 (7%)
  • Neither, I dislike this name: 14 (18%)

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Fern[/name]. [name]Just[/name] like you said, I think it is cute on a child, and elegant on an adult. It is so soft and understated and very rare too. [name]Fern[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name] is just lovely. It’s nice that [name]Marguerite[/name] has the same feel and doesn’t overwhelm [name]Fern[/name] the way many names would. Plus, [name]Ilsa[/name] and [name]Fern[/name] are really nice together. :slight_smile:

I don’t [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Fern[/name] (it’s just not quite my style), but I think it makes a fine name and a sweet way to honor your mother. As for spelling of the middle, I would definitely go with the traditional spelling of [name]Marguerite[/name]. [name]Margarite[/name] looks odd to me, and [name]Marguerite[/name] flows better after [name]Fern[/name] than [name]Margaret[/name].

[name]Love[/name] it! It was my Great Grandma’s name. Old names are the best, it is not an “ugly” name at all!

I love [name]Fern[/name] but dislike [name]Margurite[/name]/Margurete. I like [name]Fern[/name] and [name]Ilsa[/name] together.

[name]Fern[/name] and [name]Ilsa[/name] are nice together, and I do like [name]Fern[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name]. [name]Margaret[/name] after [name]Fern[/name] sounds kind of flat, but [name]Marguerite[/name] sounds wonderful!

Thanks for the responses! I appreciate the input :slight_smile:

I don’t like it at all, sorry, it just sounds so old ladyish

[name]Fern[/name] is just not my cup of tea. It has a very stern hillbilly feel to me.

[name]Fern[/name] has actually grown on me quite a bit. I think a little girl named [name]Fern[/name] would be adorable, and [name]Fern[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name] is perfect!

I really love it, esp paired w [name]Marguerite[/name]!

I like [name]Fern[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name], but not the name [name]Fern[/name]. It’s not that it’s too old-ladyishm, I just see it as a bit too soft next to [name]Ilsa[/name]. But if it’s a name you love, then go for it! It’s your opinion that matters in the long run!

• [name]Athena[/name]

I have loved [name]Fern[/name] for nearly 40 years and [name]Marguerite[/name] is such a pretty name, so I think it is a lovely choice.

rollo

I love the name [name]Fern[/name]! Gorgeous!

I think [name]Fern[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name] is very pretty, and a great way of honouring both your mothers! :slight_smile:

Does anyone know of any other variations of [name]Margaret[/name] that might work well as a middle name? Thanks :slight_smile:

[name]Margot[/name] and it is my name.

I love [name]Fern[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name] so much, but…
[name]Fern[/name] [name]Margo[/name]/[name]Margot[/name]
[name]Fern[/name] [name]Marjorie[/name]
[name]Fern[/name] [name]Maisie[/name]

Yeah, nothing is nearly as beautiful as [name]Fern[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name]. :slight_smile:

Please Visit: Nameberry - Welcome to the Nameberry Forums!
Please Visit: www.nameworldweb.webs.com
Please Visit: www.nameworldblog.blogspot.ca

[name]Fernanda[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] nn [name]Fern[/name]