WDYT of girl's name Larkin

[name]Just[/name] currious… I came across this name the other day. I probably wouldn’t use it, but it is kind of cute. :slight_smile: What do you think?

I like it better than [name]Lark[/name], but it’s not my style. I’d think it was cute on someone else’s child, though.

It’s actually a male name. [name]Larklin[/name] is a variant of [name]Larkin[/name] which means rough and fierce. It also sounds made up to me even though I know it’s not.

totally a boy’s name. And since it has that en/in/an ending, it feels really trendy and bleh

I much prefer it for a boy, but it’s ok for a girl.

I agree with other posters that while its not made up it sounds like it is, and it deffinatly sounds more masculine. [name]Larkin[/name] is MUCH better then [name]Lark[/name],but i dislike both, not really my style.

My DH loves [name]Larkin[/name] for a girl. Although I know it’s a boys name it doesn’t seem masculine to me at all–maybe because of [name]Lark[/name]?? I don’t like [name]Lark[/name] at all but I like [name]Larkin[/name] enough to keep it on our list.

like the poet? love it! :slight_smile:
I actually really like it for a boy or a girl as well :slight_smile:

good luck!

Thanks all! It was fun to hear everyone’s thoughts. Like I said, I don’t think I’d use it as a first name, and maybe not even for a probably not even as a middle, I just thought it was interesting. [name]Do[/name] you think the name [name]Larkin[/name] would work to honor a [name]Clark[/name]/Clarkson???

sounds like a great character name

I like [name]Lark[/name] better.

I really like this name, unfortunately it was taken off our list because their is a cemetary near our house with the same name.