WDYT of Guinevere?

It’s a bit unique and uncommon but of course a real name. Personally, I think it has originality in that sense, yet still fits within the trending vintage name vibe. But does it have any associations for you? Positive or negative.
And would people just end up calling her Gwen? I’m not as big a fan of Gwen. Can you think of any other nicknames that could be derived from Guinevere and not be too contrived?
Finally, would love to hear middle name ideas to go with such a big name. Thx!

2 Likes

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]! I think it’s elegant and so beautiful!

People might call her [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] if they decide to shorten her name but if she tells people what she want to be called I don’t think they will force [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] onto her.

Some nicknames for [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] are [name_f]Neve[/name_f], [name_f]Vera[/name_f], [name_f]Ginny[/name_f], [name_u]Nev[/name_u], [name_f]Eve[/name_f], [name_f]Viv[/name_f], Vee

1 Like

I also love [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f], it’s refined, elegant and striking. I think [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] would be the most intuitive nickname but I think if you introduced her by your preferred nickname you could avoid that to some degree but I would be sceptical if you could avoid it altogether and it may end up being her preferred nickname also.
[name_f]My[/name_f] fav nickname is [name_f]Neve[/name_f] but you could do [name_f]Gigi[/name_f] or [name_f]Eve[/name_f].

I think it’s a fantastic name!

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite middle name combo’s are:
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_u]Bliss[/name_u]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Beth[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_u]Jo[/name_u]

1 Like

I love [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]. It’s very elegant and regal, but it also has a whimsical, romantic energy for me. I like the Arthurian association with it as well.

[name_f]Gwen[/name_f] is definitely one of the more intuitive nicknames for [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f], but I also think it’s totally avoidable, especially if you introduce a different nickname. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite nn for [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] is [name_u]Guin[/name_u], which isn’t too different from [name_f]Gwen[/name_f], but I find it carries the same elegance and whimsy as the full name (and is more visually appealing to me). Other intuitive nicknames are Ev, [name_f]Eve[/name_f], [name_f]Evie[/name_f], [name_f]Gen[/name_f], [name_f]Ginny[/name_f].

[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_u]Ocean[/name_u]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Moira[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Maud[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Anouk[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Yvette[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_u]Juno[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] is very distinctive but also familiar - it’s grand but I could see it working!!

I don’t think [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] is inevitable (I remember some people being a little bit confused of [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] as a nickname for [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] when the show [name_u]Merlin[/name_u] aired), but you could consider:

[name_f]Vera[/name_f]
[name_f]Ginny[/name_f]
[name_u]Guin[/name_u] (Gwin)
[name_u]Nev[/name_u]
[name_f]Neve[/name_f]

I absolutely adore [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]. I love that it’s unusual, but beautiful, strong, substantial, and familiar. It also has a really unique sound imo, so it doesn’t clash with many names. I can’t really like of any other nicknames than the ones listed, but my favourite is [name_f]Evie[/name_f]. And I don’t think [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] is completely unavoidable, but there are other options.

[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] Freyja/Freya
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Layla[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_u]Blake[/name_u]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Esther[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Zelda[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_u]Cleo[/name_u]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Amy[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Sahar[/name_f]

1 Like

I absolutely love Guinevere :ballet_shoes::tulip:

She’s majestic, elegant, whimsical, the ultimate medieval princess name with a range of gorgeous nicknames. I think you could go with Eve, Evie or Neve, Gigi as nicknames which are so pretty but I’m also a fan of Gwen. I think if you go ahead with introducing her as Evie she would be known as Evie so I would say Gwen is avoidable. I think Guinevere is beautiful.

You’ve had lots of lovely suggestions so count any repeats as me being in agreement with the berries

Guinevere Elspeth
Guinevere Willow
Guinevere Delphi
Guinevere Imogen
Guinevere Annabel
Guinevere Apricity
Guinevere Ruby
Guinevere Florence
Guinevere Opal
Guinevere Louisa
Guinevere Flora
Guinevere Penrose
Guinevere Iris
Guinevere Estella

Hope this helps

1 Like

[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] is :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

She’s one of my absolute top favorites, & has been for 20+ years. It’s just so romantic & elegant & bold & vintage & feminine & sparkly & interesting & well known but not common. All of the good things! I don’t know if people would end up calling her [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] or not; I think it’s possible, but not necessarily going to happen if you make an effort to introduce her as [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]. The only other nn that I kind of like is [name_f]Gigi[/name_f], but not as special as [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] on its own.

Sorry for any repeats, but my favorite [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] middle names are…

[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Azalea[/name_f]

[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]

[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Estella[/name_f]

[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] is such a lovely name!! I know several Gwendolyns and Genevieves, but sadly no Guineveres.

Some people might call her [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] because that’s kind of the intuitive name for it, but I don’t think everyone would. People are better about nicknames and calling people what they want to be called nowadays I feel.

Some nicknames I like (besides [name_f]Gwen[/name_f], which I actually really love) [name_f]Neve[/name_f], [name_f]Eve[/name_f], [name_f]Evie[/name_f], Veri, or [name_f]Vera[/name_f].

I would use a shorter and simpler middle name with this longer and more refined name. [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_f]Elise[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], [name_u]Marie[/name_u], [name_u]Rose[/name_u], [name_f]May[/name_f], and [name_f]Belle[/name_f] are some I like.

1 Like

These are some great suggestions, thank you! [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] especially sticks out to me, it’s so lovely and sophisticated yet unique.

1 Like

I really like the sound, the [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] sound (I’m a big fan of Gwen), and the regal/mystical vibes but the Arthurian [name_u]Legend[/name_u] association is really strong which is both a good thing because I love medieval/fantasy stuff and a bad thing because infidelity is a major part of her story in the myths.

[name_f]Gwen[/name_f] does feel like the most obvious nickname for other peope to try and shoten it to since its the first syllable but [name_f]Neve[/name_f], [name_f]Eve[/name_f], [name_f]Evie[/name_f], or [name_f]Vera[/name_f] could be other nickname ideas.

1 Like

Really like [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]. I think of the Arthurian legend so for me it has a lit and legend, mystical, mythical feel but is also grounded and earthy. I wouldn’t have actually thought [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] was that intuitive for [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] (obviously it is for Gwendolyn), I think [name_u]Guin[/name_u] (Gwyn) would be more likely. [name_f]Eve[/name_f], [name_u]Nev[/name_u], [name_f]Neve[/name_f] or [name_f]Vera[/name_f] are other possibilities.
I like a monosyllable after [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]. I’d go [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], but I also like [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] or [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_u]Rose[/name_u].

1 Like

I loooooove it, but then, I also love [name_f]Gwen[/name_f]. So mystical! I also like the meaning, “white circle.” You could possibly avoid the 70s association with the nickname “Guin” instead of [name_f]Gwen[/name_f], but there would probably be a lot of confusion. Then there are nicknames like [name_f]Vera[/name_f] and [name_f]Gigi[/name_f], but I wouldn’t necessarily use [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] if I was trying to get to those nicknames.

1 Like

Think it’s beautiful, very classic. Reminds me of [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] and [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f].

Don’t think [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] would be an automatic nickname, I’ve heard of a [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] before and people called her ‘Gwin’ and ‘Gwinny’. I feel there’s a lot of nickname options with it. [name_f]Gigi[/name_f], [name_f]Neve[/name_f], [name_f]Eve[/name_f], [name_f]Evie[/name_f] etc.

[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_u]Holly[/name_u]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_u]Juno[/name_u]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Rosa[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Tess[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f]

Personally think it needs a shorter middle name, considering it’s a long name itself. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps :blush:

1 Like

It’s an interesting name to me. I’ve never met anyone by this name and the spelling looks like it should be pronounced like Guinea (even though I know it’s not). I do love the nickname option of [name_f]Vera[/name_f] though.

1 Like