WDYT of Lake and/or Althea? Still struggling and DD approaching!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]!
We are still searching for the perfect name for our second daughter (sister [name_f]Maren[/name_f], middle name is my last name).
Her middle name will be surname as well (stepfather’s last name starts with B), last name starts with S.

So here is my question(s):

1. WDYT of [name_u]Lake[/name_u]? I love it but hesitate that it’s too weird? [name_m]Even[/name_m] though my mom (who wants a name like [name_f]Claire[/name_f]) has started to love it and I get a lot of positive feedback on it, I worry about the name.

2. [name_f]Althea[/name_f] (mainly after the GD song and I love it). While I am leaning towards [name_u]Lake[/name_u], I have a hard time letting [name_f]Althea[/name_f] possible nn [name_f]Thea[/name_f] go…

3. What about 2 middle names? [name_u]Lake[/name_u] [name_f]Althea[/name_f] B---- S---- or [name_f]Althea[/name_f] [name_u]Lake[/name_u] B— S----. [name_m]Just[/name_m] too much? Sound like an actual [name_u]Lake[/name_u] somewhere? Also, if you think it’s not crazy, which order do you like?

Thanks so much nameberries - I am going a little crazy here!

For some reason I like it. Lol! It is really different but I think it is pretty and it goes well with [name_f]Maren[/name_f]. [name_f]Althea[/name_f] isn’t really my style.

You could always do a variation of it if you are unsure…

[name_u]Laiken[/name_u], Laykin

I guess of the two, I like [name_u]Lake[/name_u] better than [name_f]Althea[/name_f]. Although, I don’t mind [name_u]Lake[/name_u] [name_f]Althea[/name_f] S…B… What about [name_f]Althea[/name_f] [name_u]Lake[/name_u]? Either way it’s going to sound a little funky because of the name “[name_u]Lake[/name_u].”

I love [name_f]Althea[/name_f] nn [name_f]Thea[/name_f]. Or just [name_f]Thea[/name_f]. I much prefer it to [name_u]Lake[/name_u], which to me is just a word and an abrupt one at that. Although it does bring to mind a nice image, I can’t imagine calling a person [name_u]Lake[/name_u], but that’s me–it may just be a matter of style. I think [name_f]Althea[/name_f]/[name_f]Thea[/name_f] is really lovely with [name_f]Maren[/name_f]. Good luck!

Neither are really my style, but [name_u]Lake[/name_u] and [name_f]Maren[/name_f] make a better set both in sound, but also they share a water-related meaning which is pretty cute.

I am loving [name_f]Althea[/name_f] these days. I think [name_f]Maren[/name_f] and [name_f]Althea[/name_f] would make an adorable sib set. I am not crazy about 2 middle names. It seems overly complicated. Good luck. I have 2 girls and it is so much fun.

1. I’m not a fan of [name_u]Lake[/name_u] as a name. To me, it’s just a body of water. In the state I live in, there are a ton of inland lakes, plus 4 of the 5 Great Lakes. [name_u]Lake[/name_u] Margrethe, [name_m]Austin[/name_m] [name_u]Lake[/name_u], [name_f]Helen[/name_f] [name_u]Lake[/name_u], and [name_u]Lake[/name_u] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f] are all lakes here. So, yeah… just a word.

2. [name_f]Althea[/name_f] is gorgeous and I love it with the nickname [name_f]Thea[/name_f].

I like [name_u]Lake[/name_u] as a middle, but as a first it’s lacking appeal for me. It’s not just that it’s a word name, it’s also a very abrupt one. There’s also the fact that [name_f]Maren[/name_f] means “sea,” which to me is a really obvious meaning (mariner, marina) so it’s a little too matchy.

[name_f]Althea[/name_f] is gorgeous and I love the nn [name_f]Thea[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Maren[/name_f] and [name_f]Thea[/name_f] also work nicely together.

Because [name_f]Althea[/name_f] is a pretty uncommon name, [name_f]Althea[/name_f] [name_u]Lake[/name_u] does kind of sound like an actual body of water, but [name_u]Lake[/name_u] [name_f]Althea[/name_f] really does. I’d add an extra middle. I think another middle makes the combo sound less like [name_u]Lake[/name_u] Superior, if you know what I mean.

[name_f]Althea[/name_f] ____ [name_u]Lake[/name_u] LN
[name_f]Althea[/name_f] [name_f]Lilian[/name_f] [name_u]Lake[/name_u]
[name_f]Althea[/name_f] [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] [name_u]Lake[/name_u]
[name_f]Althea[/name_f] [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_u]Lake[/name_u]

Something along those lines.

ETA: I re-read the original post and realize you meant something different about an extra middle name. In any case, Althea Lake would be better IMO, and I’d just listen to how it sounded with different last name/middle name options.

[name_f]Althea[/name_f] [name_u]Lake[/name_u] is lovely. It’s feminine and unusual and exudes a sense of calm. Because [name_f]Althea[/name_f] means “healing,” the name gives me a very pleasant image of a peaceful lake retreat. The concept of turning to nature for healing, whether spiritual or physical, is appealing to me as well.

I love love love both of these names! I lean towards [name_f]Althea[/name_f] because [name_u]Lake[/name_u] can be off sounding with so many last names while [name_f]Althea[/name_f] has a few nickname options and feels unique, solid, storied, down-to-earth, flows well with lots of more popular [name_m]Al[/name_m]- names so it feels familiar. Did I mention I love the Grateful Dead? Haha both are great though.

I really like [name_f]Althea[/name_f]. [name_f]Althea[/name_f] [name_u]Lake[/name_u] sounds awesome. [name_f]Althea[/name_f] and [name_f]Maren[/name_f] sound pretty together. But [name_u]Lake[/name_u], despite my dislike of word names, sounds equally nice with [name_f]Maren[/name_f].