WDYT of Mark?

(I’m trans, and changing my name.)

1. Is it too “nickname-y”?
  2. Does it fit a teenager?
  3. How does it fit with the sibling names [name_u]Madison[/name_u] and [name_f]Melody[/name_f]?
  4. Does a certain “look” come to mind when you imagine a [name_m]Mark[/name_m]?
  5. Does a personality come to mind when you imagine a [name_m]Mark[/name_m]?
  6. Have you ever met a [name_m]Mark[/name_m]?
  7. Does it make you think of anybody noteworthy?
  8. Does it fit with the last name Fl3nk3r? (flen rhymes with glen, ker rhymes with her, add them together)

Thanks! [name_m]Feel[/name_m] free to add additional comments!

I have positive connections to the name because I had a funny and sweet student with the name. When I read the title I was going to mention that to me the name seems older like something you grow into, but I think it would be fine on a teenager! Also makes me think of the Youtuber Markiplier

I had a friend growing up named [name_m]Marc[/name_m] (with a c), so it has positive associations for me!

I think it fits your surname well!

All the best

My husbands name is [name_m]Mark[/name_m] ([name_m]Jonathan[/name_m]).
I lalways liked the name!

No, it feels substantial
    I don’t see why not
  3. [name_m]How[/name_m] does it fit with the sibling names Madisonand Melody?
    It’s a little different in style but the matching initial makes it work
  4. Does a certain “look” come to mind when you imagine a Mark?
    Not really
  5. Does a personality come to mind when you imagine a Mark?
    Someone fairly studious and down to earth
  6. Have you ever met a Mark?
    I believe so
    Not really
  8. Does it fit with the last name Fl3nk3r? (flen rhymes with glen, ker rhymes with her, add them together)
    I think so!

I had a friend called [name_m]Mark[/name_m] when I was in school who would be 21 now so I can definitely see the name on a teenager. He is my first association with the name and he was funny, sporty and studious so that is what comes to mind, just an all round very likeable guy. I don’t think it’s too nicknamey, in fact I don’t really see it as a nickname at all, it is its own name like [name_u]Liam[/name_u] or [name_m]Luke[/name_m]. The only famous person that comes to mind is [name_m]Mark[/name_m] Ruffalo, which is a pretty good namesake I think!

1. Is it too “nickname-y”? No I think it’s a strong name.
  2. Does it fit a teenager? I think it fits all ages.
  3. [name_m]How[/name_m] does it fit with the sibling names Madison and Melody? I think [name_m]Mark[/name_m], [name_u]Madison[/name_u] & [name_f]Melody[/name_f] fit very well together.
  4. Does a certain “look” come to mind when you imagine a Mark? Not really, I know of a few [name_m]Mark[/name_m]'s of various ages so my mental image of [name_m]Mark[/name_m] is varied.
  5. Does a personality come to mind when you imagine a Mark? A genuine, kind and down to earth person.
  6. Have you ever met a Mark?
    Yes many!
  7. Does it make you think of anybody noteworthy? [name_m]Mark[/name_m] [name_u]Strong[/name_u], Actor
  8. Does it fit with the last name Fl3nk3r? (flen rhymes with glen, ker rhymes with her, add them together) Yes

[name_f]My[/name_f] brother’s name is [name_m]Mark[/name_m]!!

I don’t think it’s too nicknamey at all. I’ve known a lot of Marks, and the name has always sounded complete to me.
It definitely fits a teenager!
[name_u]Madison[/name_u], [name_f]Melody[/name_f], & [name_m]Mark[/name_m] sound like a lovely sibset.
I can’t answer these two, because I always imagine my brother, sorry! Maybe based off of [name_m]Mark[/name_m] Ruffalo (a [name_m]Mark[/name_m] I love, and usually the second [name_m]Mark[/name_m] to come to mind!), I’d say someone kind hearted, down to earth, friendly, and funny!
I’ve met a bunch of Marks!
[name_m]Mark[/name_m] Ruffalo, [name_m]Mark[/name_m] [name_m]Hamill[/name_m], [name_m]Mark[/name_m] [name_m]Twain[/name_m], [name_m]Mark[/name_m] [name_m]Harmon[/name_m], [name_m]Mark[/name_m] Hoppus, [name_m]Mark[/name_m] Wahlberg, and the character [name_m]Mark[/name_m] [name_u]Sloan[/name_u] from the show [name_u]Grey[/name_u]'s Anatomy come to mind!
I think it fits very nicely with your last name!!

If you love [name_m]Mark[/name_m], you should definitely use it. I see no reason why you shouldn’t, you’ve chosen a great name :slight_smile:

I’m of a certain age where I grew up with tons of Marks, so it almost has a [name_m]Tom[/name_m]/Bill/Joe vibe for me. Perhaps it has greater energy for a younger generation who is more used to Tylers, Keegans, Jacksons, etc.

First of all, congrats on picking a possible name, and best of luck with your transition!

1. Is it to “nickname-y”?
    I don’t think so! I’ve known a few Marks and never questioned it as a full name.
    Absolutely!
  3. How does it fit with the sibling names [name_u]Madison[/name_u] and [name_f]Melody[/name_f]?
    It fits perfectly in my opinion.
    [name_m]Just[/name_m] due to having grown up with one, yes: tall, lanky, and fairly handsome. I think it’s a really versatile name and there isn’t any particular look I would be surprised to see the name [name_m]Mark[/name_m] on though.
    Friendly, goofy, funny, a bit athletic, slightly reserved.
    Yes! As mentioned, I grew up around a [name_m]Mark[/name_m]. For reference, he would be 20 now, and that’s why I can definitely see the name fitting a teenager.
    [name_m]Mark[/name_m] Ruffalo is the only famous [name_m]Mark[/name_m] that comes to mind? [name_m]Don[/name_m]’t know a ton about him but he seems cool.
  8. Does it fit with the last name Fl3nk3r?
    Yes, the one thing is that it’s quite heavy on harsh K sounds with that name, but I don’t see that as a huge issue.
    no, not at all!
    Absolutely
    yea I think so
    only because of the [name_m]Mark[/name_m]’s i know, i generally picture a darker hair
    a generally quiet but intelligent individual
    yes, i have an uncle, a cousin ([name_m]Marc[/name_m]), and went to school with one
    [name_m]Mark[/name_m] [name_m]Twain[/name_m], and the character [name_m]Mark[/name_m] [name_m]Cohen[/name_m] from Rent
    yea i think it sounds fine